Daniel Webster College

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

groundpointsix

Anyone instructed there or know someone who has? Their website advertises a "flight instructor internship," which makes it sound like someone with all their instructor ratings and a couple hundred dual given is overqualified for. On the other hand, there is guarunteed pay. Just curious if anyone knows how much the instructors are flying and if it's worth my time. Thanks.

I was hired to work there. I actually went through the whole process but missed the "training" date because I was still finishing classes (at ERAU none-the-less :)) and I would've had to wait another year.

I flew up to my old hometown (Nashua) later that summer and brought with me some friends who knew someone that was instructing there and we met up. Anyway, from what he said, it was an ok gig, they don't fly that much. They used to do the multi in the Cessna 303 crusader but they've replaced them with seminoles now.

They'll pay for all your CFI ratings if you have the CFI - i.e. CFI-I, MEI, CFI-glider. You just have to stay xx months and give xx dual given for them after you get additional ratings. You start out teaching private only, then instrument, glider, commerical, then finally multi in your last semester (or something similar). There isn't a lot of time to be had - in the packet they sent me they said to expect to fly 300-400 hours in a year, with about 100-150 multi or so.

I came to a school where I fly 80-100 hours a month, and got into the twin in 3 months instead of having to wait 3 or 4 semesters.

It's a good viable option if you don't want to shell out any more $$ on flying - I would've done it had I not had to wait another year to sign up. Also, they put you into their classes so you're constantly learning additional things - not a bad gig. The pay is OK, not the greatest but atleast you can "budget" so to speak. I's in Nashua, NH , which is a decent place to live. It was voted #1 place to live in the US by time magazine in '87 and '97. However, housing is getting a bit expensive up there.

~wheelsup

I'm looking into doing the DWC thing as well, cause I want to get the heck out of SoFla. What times of the year do they hire the CFI's?

Groundpounder said:
I'm looking into doing the DWC thing as well, cause I want to get the heck out of SoFla. What times of the year do they hire the CFI's?

LOL I wanted to do the exact opposite, I was living in FLA and wanted to stay there. I'm more of a sandal guy myself :).

It's around May-June that they'll do the hiring, possibly earlier (like in my case, almost a year earlier). I'd apply ASAP to get your name on the list.

~wheelsup

funny thing, I was just email'd by the alum folks and promised to be a good grad.

they run a good program there and I really enjoyed my time at ol' Danny W

the flying is great, hard to beat Cap 10s, Mooneys and motergliders when compaird to C-172s ( that was the option I had all those years ago)

brewerdog said:
the flying is great, hard to beat Cap 10s, Mooneys and motergliders when compaird to C-172s ( that was the option I had all those years ago)

Too bad they grounded all the cap-10's due to airworthiness concerns and are in the process of getting rid of the Mooneys if they haven't already.

busdriver1900 said:
...and are in the process of getting rid of the Mooneys if they haven't already.

That's not quite true--all the Mooneys have been sold off except one, but the school is going to hang on to it. Also, the return of the aerobatics is in the works.

-Goose

brewerdog said:
funny thing, I was just email'd by the alum folks and promised to be a good grad.

they run a good program there and I really enjoyed my time at ol' Danny W

And with any luck maybe you can actually graduate with a Com Instrument. It's been about 9 (holey crap!!! am I old) years since I was at Dannies Diploma Shop but at the time It was the most retarded program out there. Too much theory and not enough fly fly. People bailed to go to FBO's. Those that did got airline gigs right away. Those that stayed......they are some of my best FO's.

Latest resources

Back