• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dangerously Heavy -

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably can't do this north of the Rio Grande but I just let a pilot go because he got to fat.

The health/looks, (as in taking care of themselves) of your employees reflects directly on your company image.

Lawyers and the litigation lotterys took all the fun out of operating up north.

Now that I'm done ranting, is there anyone else out there who has given up sugar and found it has profoundly changed their life?

You said it perfectly. I am 6'4" and this time last year I weighed ~340 lbs. I held a first class medical without problems. Also this time last year I made the decision to cut all soda/juice/unnecescary sweets from my diet. Currently I am at 259 lbs. and am still losing.

I am a firm believer that sugar is addictive every bit as it is unhealthy. I was raised in a famliy of "fat bodies" and figured I was predisposed to be such. But looking back on it I was never really limited in food intake. Luckily I realized this earlier than later and am still in a position to do something about it.

There are people out there (and everyone knows one) that seem to have turbo metabolic capabilities for one reason or another. They eat twice what a normal person does, and never gain an ounce.

I still believe that genetic disposition has alot to do with a person's physical makeup. However, I dont subscribe to the notion that one is unable to do something about it. For some it is alot harder to maintain a healthy weight than others.

Those of you that think it is simple to change a lifestyle that is engrained into you have not been on that side of the coin. I would agree to a limited extent that it has to do with laziness. However there are many many reasons that people end up in such disgraceful physical shape. Some reasons are very easy to change, and others take alot of willpower and determination to turn around.

I can honestly say that without the aviation brass ring hanging in front of me, I would still be drinking soda and probably getting closer and closer to my first heart attack. For myself it took my love of flying to force the realization of a healthy lifestyle. I fear that most of the "fat" public does not have the kind of influence in their life.

Where's Richard Simmons when you need him?.....

Shoving pills down kids throats doesn't help either. Bad in school? Give them a pill. Tired? Give them a pill.
Gosh man. Now being a fat-a$$ is caused by emotional problems? Eat a carrot!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back