Damn I lost my passport!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

traffic pilot

I have misplaced my passport and can not find it. I have heard there is an expedited process for replacing passport for a certain segment.

Is anyone familiar with the expedited process?

Thank you.

If you need it asap, Mr Wu's advice is your best bet.

If you can wait a little longer, you can have it expedited at the passport office in your local post office for a few dollars more. It gets processed a couple weeks faster without having to spend all day waiting.

I did it without a letter from the CP at the Honolulu Passport Office. There is a procedure where the public can have expedited screening by showing an itinerary, I just followed those procedures and just showed my Crew ID in place of the itinerary...in addition to all the required stuff. I made an appointment online. I told them I needed it in a week so they Expressed it to me in a few days. I got the feeling I could have walked out of the office with a new passport if I had insisted I needed it that soon. I seem to remember having the Passport card helped expedite the process. It was much less painful then I thought it was going to be...I could have just been lucky by who I got to help me. I don't think it took more than a week from losing the passport to having the new one in hand. I definitely wouldn't wait for a CP letter.

Good luck

Last edited:
I made an appointment online with the BUF passport office. Walked in at 9am on an overnight. Left at 9:15am after giving them the required documents. Walked back in same day at 2pm. Paid them the for the passport and expedite fee. Walked out with passport in hand at 2:15pm. As painless as it gets. For the SW, Pinnacle, JB and any other crew that stays at the Adams Mark in BUF the passport office is about a 12 minute walk away from the hotel.

I made an appointment online with the BUF passport office. Walked in at 9am on an overnight. Left at 9:15am after giving them the required documents. Walked back in same day at 2pm. Paid them the for the passport and expedite fee. Walked out with passport in hand at 2:15pm. As painless as it gets. For the SW, Pinnacle, JB and any other crew that stays at the Adams Mark in BUF the passport office is about a 12 minute walk away from the hotel.

I did the same in Washington DC a few years ago. It took about 4 hours, but I had it before the end of the day. ... just posting this for a datapoint if you live near a busy passport office.

A couple years ago my wife discovered her passport was still in her maiden name the night before we were going to fly to ATH out of JFK. We rushed to the passport office in downtown ATL first thing in the morning (I think we made an automated appointment by phone) and literally within the hour she had a new passport.

Showing the passport office our nonrev listing on my phone was enough justification for the expedited service. Turning in her old passport probably made the transaction that much quicker although I think they did a rush job for us because they knew we needed to fly to JFK asap. We ended up flying to LGA, taking a taxi to JFK and barely made our flight overseas.

When it's all said and done, get yourself a second passport...it can save your bacon in more ways than you can imagine, and not just from loosing your primary....

Latest resources

Back