Dalpa ATL roadshow had a lot of yelling today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why wouldn't they jump on him Bill?

He just dropped a steaming, POS turd on the workgroup. They should be all over him. There's more concessions than gains, from a multi-billion dollar company. Unreal.

Pretty easy to call it a turd when your group has yet to apply any pressure what so ever to your company making record profits. I have to ask what have you guys done to move the bar? 3 years past amenable and you just put together a SPC. Plenty of leverage but nothing done.

Last edited:
You guys are gonna vote yes...I can sense it.

No, there are a lot of pissed off pilots, more than I have ever seen. Even though Bill and his other P2P friends think otherwise, this is no sure win for them. Even the MEC Chair has tried to change his tone from that yell fest at Peachtree City, but the New York roadshow still had it's interesting moments, lots of pacing back and forth in the background, especially by an ex ALPA type. They are worried, and this TA shouldn't have even left the negotiators.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Why wouldn't they jump on him Bill?

He just dropped a steaming, POS turd on the workgroup. They should be all over him. There's more concessions than gains, from a multi-billion dollar company. Unreal.

I actually agree with Red! The MEC chair did a YouTube video stating several things, including no changes to the profit sharing. So what was the result? A big change (for all employees too), and then a few other huge items, all during the most profitable time ever. What can Bill say? Probably what MD told him to say. I'd say most of the pilots can see it's a big concession overall.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Pretty easy to call it a turd when your group has yet to apply any pressure what so ever to your company making record profits. I have to ask what have you guys done to move the bar? 3 years past amenable and you just put together a SPC. Plenty of leverage but nothing done.

Are you seriously that stupid? Like PCL?

Yea, we could have EASILY had a turd TA on our hands 2 years ago. Would you be happy with that?

The NC, then the BOD are the gatekeepers. And so far, they've been doing their job. I'm patient enough to wait. MD at Delta (along with the NC), apparently is not. They dropped a turd on the membership and it's crazy they let it get this far. To date, SWAPA hasn't and it looks like they don't plan on following course.

PCL,

I already know some terms of our agreement, and it is in no way as onerous as what ALPA is trying to spin (and it IS pure spin). You're out of the industry and out of touch. SWAPA isn't rolling over like DALPA did, and it's shameful what is being rammed down the throats of our Delta buddies. It's really indefensible. I find it interesting that you're one of the proponents. All things ALPA, right doughboy?

The only question about the SW deal will be the language on 'interline' carriage of passengers. The NC already knows we are hard wired to vote NO on any codeshare....rates be damned. See the difference? Delta throws 8% at the group and the MEC lets it through. They never should have let that happened.

The current contract at Delta is better than the TA. There's no debating that fact.

Last edited:
I actually agree with Red! The MEC chair did a YouTube video stating several things, including no changes to the profit sharing. So what was the result? A big change (for all employees too), and then a few other huge items, all during the most profitable time ever. What can Bill say? Probably what MD told him to say. I'd say most of the pilots can see it's a big concession overall.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Completely agree General.

As many times as I've debated you on this forum, you guys deserve better in this environment. You should have the payrates without having to give up anymore PS (as in NONE). Why bow to the company on a new sick call system without getting anything in return. The FO buyout is being gutted. Why? Because that's what management wanted. Again, what did you get? Nothing my friend. Send it back.

I didn't even touch on the JV language. Didn't have to, the rest says it all.

I already know some terms of our agreement, and it is in no way as onerous

Oh, this is gonna be good! I can't wait to see this steaming pile!

Oh, this is gonna be good! I can't wait to see this steaming pile!

I'll give you a little insight PCL, there won't be any...

1- Sick call crackdown.
2- Profit Sharing give back.
3- Codeshare relief.

We will get ..

1. Solid pay raises.
2. Increased retirement dollars, without having to match.
3. Retro back to the amendable date including retirement dollars.

and 4....I enjoy you bloviating about something where you have no clue. Thanks for the comedy.

Last edited:
Keep it up, red! It will just make it all the more amusing when you get the egg on your face.

Keep it up, red! It will just make it all the more amusing when you get the egg on your face.

Hey PCL, I'm honest enough to be on this very forum telling you if it's a bad SWAPA deal. I have absolutely no angst in that.

Unfortunately, you don't have the same feeling regarding the Delta TA.......which is a bad agreement. It's that simple. More like intellectual dishonesty. Big difference.

red, if you've got a good deal, I'll say it's a good deal, despite my dislike of SWAPA. Your hatred of all things ALPA interferes in your judgement, however. You can certainly say that this deal is not "good enough." That's a defensible position. But your stubborn insistence that the deal is downright concessionary is not defensible, and is in fact demonstrably untrue.

Latest resources

Back