• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dallas area freight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I back Cherry Air as a Legitamate place to work!

Cherry has old airplanes just like every other frieght hauler on earth pretty much. So in turn you must deal with downfalls of old equipment and items getting worn. So you get MX to fix it and keep going. This is how one learns and gains experience.

It is a good place for building time and making friends and conections. Remember flying around in a brand new CRJ and pressing a button on a computer is not for everyone.

Maybe there should be a clause in 135 Cargo operators who are hiring...NO Whinners, and those with 121 time...DO NOT APPLY.

Oh well, I don't work there but don't hesitate to give advice! ;)

P.S. Cherry's 20 Who are you, PM me

Don't mistake anything I've said for whining. Someone asked about them and I stated what I've heard. If I had heard it was great like martin air then I would have stated that. But I didn't. My CFI had been told by someone that directly worked there that he had constant equipment problems and that the upkeep on the planes was low. That's all I was told and that is all i am stating. Argue what you want I'm just laying it out.

ToiletDuck said:
I think the only way to get an actual honest opinion is to talk to someone who has had no involvement.
ToiletDuck said:
actual honest opinion

My head hurts!

ToiletDuck said:
It's like people ripping on Gulfstream. Just about noone here has gone there and yet we all know it's bad. So we tell people that.
Duck

I dont think anyone complains about equipment or work rules at GIA, but the reverse paycheck policy is something most disagree with. Don't need to buy a job there to figure that part out.

ToiletDuck said:
I think the only way to get an actual honest opinion is to talk to someone who has had no involvement. It's like people ripping on Gulfstream. Just about noone here has gone there and yet we all know it's bad. So we tell people that.
Duck

GIA...that's a totally different ballpark than what we're talking here. If you're talking maintenance issues, etc, maybe GIA is okay, but the reasons everyone hates GIA are because of the whole PFT thing. Don't get us started on that!

BTW, T-Rex, your signature is awesome! :D

DirtyBeech said:
actually amf dallas is not very senior other than the e120 captains, and the vast majority of chieftain hires for dallas are straight off the street. i would check into it.

DirtyBeech, I got a quick question for you if you've got the time. I live in the Dallas area and have always been interested in AMF. Does AMF ever hire part-time or standby pilots or do they only hire full-time guys? I have a full-time corporate gig but they only fly a couple of times a month and I'm bored as hell :D. Thanks for any info you can provide!!

coolhands,
yes amf does hire part time guys. we call it PTOC (part time on call). quite a few of the guys who have moved on remain on ptoc for something else to do, retain jumpseat priveledges, etc. if you are interested you should call 1-800-800-4538 and ask for jerry clark's office. he's head of pilot recruiting and is a great guy. hope that helps.

Did someone say Cherry Air? I wasn't gonna get involved in this, because it just seemed to spill over from the other similar thread. To ToiletDuck( ???) or whatever your name is. You're not yet really in the business, if that is your goal. So please don't try to make it sound like you are. Also, your flight instructor lives in a little fantasy world of 172's or whatever he trolls around in. He nor you have a clue about real world flying beyond the tip of your noses, so please don't spread rumors. In the end we all know what it means to ASSUME...I've said it before and I'll say it again. Cherry is a good place to be with tons of flying, and good paychecks. If you don't want to work here, fine. We don't want a bunch of momma's boy whiners on property. It's 135 cargo. If it breaks we MEL(do you know what that is?) it or we fix it. If I didn't feel safe, I wouldn't be doing it. Like we've said, we have new people in charge, and it's a fun place to be.

Last edited:
Toiletduck- Like others have said already, Cherry has a new DO and CP. Things change alot when a small company replace people in these positions. I think your friend that is telling you this stuff about Cherry is full of BS. I have meet alot of cherrys pilots and there hasnt been one guy yet that has told me anything negative about the company other then its "on demand cargo, how good can it be?" Ok so the schedule sucks.....its like that everywhere. Stop bashing these people that are talking good about the company they work for and keep the 3rd hand info you know of to yourself because it isnt accurate.

To the original poster...

I think Barron air flys into AFW with Caravans for FedEx. Im not sure where there out of but they do alot of runs in the south for FedEx. Kitty Hawk has something as well out of DFW. I know on the West side of the airport over by the AA hangers there is a Kitty Hawk hanger as well. Im not exactly sure what goes on there anymore but i see everything from a twin cessna to a 727 there.

Latest resources

Back