• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dallas area freight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will try to be more clear for you that don't understand much. It was just missing paint that has zinc primer under it. That is to prevent the "corrosion" that can occur on aircraft aluminum. It won't "rust" so to say. Is that clear enough?

cherry20's said:
I will try to be more clear for you that don't understand much. It was just missing paint that has zinc primer under it. That is to prevent the "corrosion" that can occur on aircraft aluminum. It won't "rust" so to say. Is that clear enough?

Crystal clear. Thanks for clearing that up. I have changed my mind and now believe that Cherry Air is the safest operation in the world! I encourage anyone and everyone to apply.

Look any company that flying airplanes will have some sort of mx issue from time to time. Some more than others. If it was really that bad they wouldnt be in business. I know some guys there and they are racking up good experiance and making some cash. To each his own. If you dont want to work there than dont worry about it or talk about it. Cherry sounds like he enjoys his job and good for him. Thats what its all about is finding a job that you enjoy and suits your lifestyle. I found one for me and its at a regional. I chose a regional because i am married and have a son and the schedule isnt hard on me and the family so works for me. Every job has good points and bad no matter who you fly for.

CYA

Aero Charter and transport just expanded operations out of ADS. They have about 8 runs out of ADS. They fly 310s and 402s and you're home every night (or day for the night runs). Pay is about $30K +/- depending on your run. There is constant turnover so even if they're not hiring just wait a month and a slot will open.

Superpilot92 said:
Look any company that flying airplanes will have some sort of mx issue from time to time. Some more than others. If it was really that bad they wouldnt be in business. I know some guys there and they are racking up good experiance and making some cash. To each his own. If you dont want to work there than dont worry about it or talk about it. Cherry sounds like he enjoys his job and good for him. Thats what its all about is finding a job that you enjoy and suits your lifestyle. I found one for me and its at a regional. I chose a regional because i am married and have a son and the schedule isnt hard on me and the family so works for me. Every job has good points and bad no matter who you fly for.

CYA

True True.. But keep in mind this thread had nothing to do with Mr. Cherry Air pilot. It had to do with the original poster asking about operations in the area. And when you ask about something you want to get the low down on everything not just the good.
Duck

Yes, yes but neither you nor i work there so posting info about the ops being bad really isnt our place. I have heard stories from people that work there also but i have also heard good things about the company. There is no real need for me to pass on second hand info about a company i dont work for. Besides, storys are just that storys. People say stuff about XJET also and it is a great company with great mx. But still some will complain thats just the nature of the industry we all like to complain about something thats why we get on to these forums and read bs stuff. its painfully addicting sometimes. Key point is most people only post negative stuff on here but there are good things about cherry air also. I will leave that up to people that work there though to share their experiances. Carry on.

Superpilot92 said:
Yes, yes but neither you nor i work there so posting info about the ops being bad really isnt our place. I have heard stories from people that work there also but i have also heard good things about the company. There is no real need for me to pass on second hand info about a company i dont work for. Besides, storys are just that storys. People say stuff about XJET also and it is a great company with great mx. But still some will complain thats just the nature of the industry we all like to complain about something thats why we get on to these forums and read bs stuff. its painfully addicting sometimes. Key point is most people only post negative stuff on here but there are good things about cherry air also. I will leave that up to people that work there though to share their experiances. Carry on.

Good points. It usually seems that the people who really rip on companies are the same people who probably screwed themselves. I'm not saying this applies to everyone, but I know some guys that, once they were gone, ripped my past employer up and down about how horrible they are (this was before I was there), but after the truth comes out they look like idiots. They got themselves fired for doing incredibly stupid stuff (stealing from the company) and somehow think they got a bad deal. I found that company to be a great one to work for. The people were nice, pay was good, mx great...no real problems. Just do what is asked of you, don't screw them and they won't screw you. Some people do have legit reasons to gripe; you just have to figure out where the legit meets the B.S. :)

Cherry, don't worry about the trash talk on Cherry Air, its just thier turn. I think USA Jet was getting pounded pretty hard for a while, and I remember Ameristar getting it a while back too. It all goes in cycles. If people paid attention to what all of the "know it alls" then no one would work for a freight operator besides UPS and FedEx.

and what cracks me up the most is guys that will go to company A, do their time, get the experience that helps them move on to company B, and then subsequently declare company A unsafe for any future aviators because of how deplorable the conditions were there...but yet they stayed long enough to get whatever they needed to move on :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back