• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

Delta Asks for Extension to File Plan

Thursday December 22, 2:O8 pm ET

By Harry R. Weber, AP Business Writer Delta Asks Bankruptcy Court Judge for Six-Month Extension to File Reorganization Plan

ATLANTA (AP) -- Citing in part the time it will take to further cut costs, Delta Air Lines Inc., the nation's third-largest carrier, asked a bankruptcy court judge Thursday to give the company a six-month extension to file its reorganization plan.

The Atlanta-based company, which filed for Chapter 11 in New York on Sept. 14, currently has a Jan. 12 deadline to exclusively file its reorganization plan and a March 13 deadline to seek acceptance of the plan from creditors.

In a filing with the court, Delta asked to extend the deadlines 180 days to July 11 and Sept. 9, respectively.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/051222/delta_bankruptcy.html?.v=4

Why don't they save a lot of the court's time and just file for a 3 year extension now rather than doing it 3 or 6 months at a time?

Last edited:
densoo said:
Delta Asks for Extension to File Plan

Thursday December 22, 2:O8 pm ET

By Harry R. Weber, AP Business Writer Delta Asks Bankruptcy Court Judge for Six-Month Extension to File Reorganization Plan

ATLANTA (AP) -- Citing in part the time it will take to further cut costs, Delta Air Lines Inc., the nation's third-largest carrier, asked a bankruptcy court judge Thursday to give the company a six-month extension to file its reorganization plan.

The Atlanta-based company, which filed for Chapter 11 in New York on Sept. 14, currently has a Jan. 12 deadline to exclusively file its reorganization plan and a March 13 deadline to seek acceptance of the plan from creditors.

In a filing with the court, Delta asked to extend the deadlines 180 days to July 11 and Sept. 9, respectively.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/051222/delta_bankruptcy.html?.v=4

Why don't they save a lot of the court's time and just file for a 3 year extension now rather than doing it 3 or 6 months at a time?

More time needed to squeeze the aircraft lessors.

It's because they are making a farce out of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code the way United and U.S. Air did. United is the terd that should have been flushed long ago. 3 years and counting. How long for Delta? Who knows or cares. I don't.

Ty Webb said:
Funny, Chuckie, I was thinking the same thing about you . . . .

Duuude, dont be hatin. Tis da season to be jolly.

Fa la la la la, La, la la la.

Don't be deckin dat silly ole Chuckie wit boughs of holly.

Bert, what do yah know, my mouth's bleedin!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Everybody!

Merry Christmas, Bedford Falls!

Merry Christmas, you nassy ole building and loan!

Merry Christmas, Mr Chuckie Yougourt!!

"Merry Christmas to you, in jail. Go on home, there waitin for you!"

Every time a bell rings, Chuckie and Ty Guy get there wings!

Buffalo girl won't you come out tonight, and dance by da light of Chuckie's moon!

Chuck Yogourt said:
It's because they are making a farce out of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code the way United and U.S. Air did. United is the terd that should have been flushed long ago. 3 years and counting. How long for Delta? Who knows or cares. I don't.

Chuck is sooo cool. We don't care about you Chuck, we really don't. Go eat a cookie in the back of your plane.(You probably do that all of the time)

Chuck likes to make fun of ALPA (we all do) when it comes to pay cuts. Well, Chuck doesn't understand that pay is only part of the equation. We have things that may be more important than pay, like scope, and health care (sick leave) issues, and even that pension we all know will go away. None of these things (except sick leave issues) is relavent to Chuck and his operation. He only looks at the pay check to find out how much Shlitz he can buy at the local foodmart. Dumba$$.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Chuck Yogourt said:

I'd be careful there with karma. When is the last time Midwest made money? It might not be too long until they get to experience a trip to the courthouse.

Chuck Yogourt said:

I know I'm going against my own word here, but I have an honest question to ask...Why must you be such an a'hole in every post, and why slam DL??

Chuck supposedly is a group of 6 Midwest pilots that rotate into a single crashpad. Instead of worrying about Midwest and their own cash crisis and mx problems, they take it out on another airline. They all were turned down by Delta in the past it seems.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back