Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ja...e-pension-cut-report-2009-11-23?siteid=yhoof2
JAL exec proposes 50% employee pension cut
By Myra P. Saefong
JP:9205 JALSF DAL
TOKYO (MarketWatch) -- Japan Airlines Corp. (JP:9205 95.00, -3.00, -3.06%) (JALSF 1.22, -0.08, -6.15%) may propose cuts to pension benefits in the latest move by the ailing carrier to raise capital. The airline's President Haruka Nishimatsu said Monday that he has proposed a 30% cut in pension benefits for retirees and a more-than-50% reduction for current employees, according to a Kyodo news report. Separately, Richard Anderson, chief executive of Delta Air Lines Inc. (DAL 7.75, +0.13, +1.64%) , told Dow Jones that the SkyTeam alliance of global carriers may consider a larger investment than its proposed $1.02 billion into Japan Airlines.

Some mngmt executives are criminals. They should be in jail as everyones girlfriends - think Frank Lorenzo and sad thing is he will actually enjoy it.

If they take the billion from DAL and fund their retirements and the company goes under - they can ask for another billion and then go out of business and let DAL to fill the void.

From what I am reading, we are going to get a lot of the company for 300 million. If they go under it and many of the right and rights to first refusal will be ours. It could work out a lot better for the DAL pilots and DAL if they would go under after the infusion as we will get more than we would initially get for the billion or so.

How does that make DAL pilots feel...while they are still working under a bankruptcy concessionary contract?

How does that make DAL pilots feel...while they are still working under a bankruptcy concessionary contract?

Our Joint contract with NWA gave us a 17% raise over 4 years, with some increase in the DC fund, and a few rule changes (less shortcalls on reserve for example). But overall, yes, we are still working under a concessionary contract---not the BK one, but one from our C2K contract. I don't think anyone is very happy about it, but we negotiated our Joint Contract during high oil ($140 a barrel), which was bad timing indeed. We all want the company to do well, but we also want a lot of what we lost back, and it may take some time obviously.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Our Joint contract with NWA gave us a 17% raise over 4 years, with some increase in the DC fund, and a few rule changes (less shortcalls on reserve for example). But overall, yes, we are still working under a concessionary contract---not the BK one, but one from our C2K contract. I don't think anyone is very happy about it, but we negotiated our Joint Contract during high oil ($140 a barrel), which was bad timing indeed. We all want the company to do well, but we also want a lot of what we lost back, and it may take some time obviously.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Too bad you don't work for JAL-you may actually have your retirement paid for by some suckers in the U.S.

-Seems like I can remember a time when airlines had pensions......

-Don't worry everyone, nothing is amiss-Gen Lee and ACL and a couple of other usual suspects stand at the ready, jumping at the opportunity to sugarcoat any news, no matter how idiotic, and blame everything on the evil RJ.

-It will be very interesting to read how RJs are somehow responsible for some Japanese airline pensions totally getting bailed out by the same company which eliminated yours.

-This should be good........

Too bad you don't work for JAL-you may actually have your retirement paid for by some suckers in the U.S.

-Seems like I can remember a time when airlines had pensions......

-Don't worry everyone, nothing is amiss-Gen Lee and ACL and a couple of other usual suspects stand at the ready, jumping at the opportunity to sugarcoat any news, no matter how idiotic, and blame everything on the evil RJ.

-It will be very interesting to read how RJs are somehow responsible for some Japanese airline pensions totally getting bailed out by the same company which eliminated yours.

-This should be good........

We don't know exactly what DL would be investing in. We know they have a pension shortfall, like a lot of other airlines in trouble. I don't think I saw RA say "Hey, we are going to help them fund their pensions...."

And wait, you think the RJs are the reason some other airline's pension would get bailed out? RJs? McFry, you are one big dumba#@.. RJs have almost ruined most of the legacies. Have you seen many economic problems with the LCCs out there? No, you probably haven't. Now, please get back to the bathroom cleaning and then wash your hands before you work the fry machine again. Talking anything airlines is NOT your strong suit, you are as dumb as a rock.

Bye Bye--General Lee

We don't know exactly what DL would be investing in. We know they have a pension shortfall, like a lot of other airlines in trouble. I don't think I saw RA say "Hey, we are going to help them fund their pensions...."

And wait, you think the RJs are the reason some other airline's pension would get bailed out? RJs? McFry, you are one big dumba#@.. RJs have almost ruined most of the legacies. Have you seen many economic problems with the LCCs out there? No, you probably haven't. Now, please get back to the bathroom cleaning and then wash your hands before you work the fry machine again. Talking anything airlines is NOT your strong suit, you are as dumb as a rock.

Bye Bye--General Lee

RJs didn't ruin the legacies, Management that wanted to take advantage and their pilot groups that allowed it ruined the legacies.

Latest resources

Back