• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

DAL Requesting Arbitration Delay?

Fly4hire

Total Time
lots
Heard this rumor from a friend of a friend (I know...)supposedly from a DAL Rep.

Any truth to this?

Noserider76

Teahupoo
Total Time
150+
Heard this rumor from a friend of a friend (I know...)supposedly from a DAL Rep.

Any truth to this?

I'm trying to think of a reason they would want that. I'm not sure what the rush was in the first place to get the SLI done. There's no way it'll be needed for a couple years anyway. Maybe they've come to the same conclusion and want to give it more time to reach a negotiated settlement. Did you hear it from the same guy you heard your "DL 757s can't use VNAV" rumor?

Last edited:

Fly4hire

Total Time
lots
Actually no, and I hope it's not true and we stick to the agreed to time lines.

propdog

Total Time
7000+
Talked to my rep....he said nothing of that sort was communicated to him. Arbitration panel and time-frame has already been planned and announced. According to my rep, SLI will be announced no later than Nov. 20...period.

Texx

Total Time
20mil
Talked to my rep....he said nothing of that sort was communicated to him. Arbitration panel and time-frame has already been planned and announced. According to my rep, SLI will be announced no later than Nov. 20...period.

And who will the Arbitrator be?

~~~^~~~

Total Time
7,500+
This was announced:
The members of the panel are Fredric Horowitz, a California labor attorney; Dana Eischen, an attorney who worked as an independent arbitrator for Major League Baseball in the late 1990s and was a member of a Presidential Emergency Board appointed to head off a railroad strike in 1975; and Richard Bloch, who sided in 2005 with the Philadelphia Eagles as arbitrator of their decision to bench star receiver Terrell Owens, who now plays with the Dallas Cowboys.

Horowitz and Bloch also served on an arbitration panel selected in 2006 to determine whether Delta, which was under bankruptcy protection at the time, could void its pilots' contract and impose pay and benefit cuts unilaterally. Delta's pilots union, which had threatened to strike, eventually agreed to concessions, and that panel never issued a ruling.

~~~^~~~

Total Time
7,500+
Yeah, sorry about news article clip ... TM (irrelevant) I.

BILL LUMBERG

Total Time
9 to 5
So basically with Bloch-head....we'll have an answer innnnnnn......

4 to 6 weeks....

Delta peeps know the inside joke!!

BILL LUMBERG

Total Time
9 to 5
Richard Bloch has been the arbitrator for our no-furlough system board grievances and for our Intl block hour grievances....

The furlough one dragged on and on and then he makes an announcement that he has made a decision but won't release it for 4 to 6 weeks. Everytime he makes a grand statement of his completion and then doesn't release the results.

ataopsdave

Total Time
enough
We have used him a few times at Pinnacle and we refer to him as block to block Bloch...he takes forever