Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jobear

Titanium Necked Bandit
How are the DAL recalls going or are they? Also are the retired pilots being phased out slowly as training catches up or is it a long term deal?

Jobear

jobear said:
How are the DAL recalls going or are they? Also are the retired pilots being phased out slowly as training catches up or is it a long term deal?

Jobear

A minimum of 10 recalls/month till the end of the year.

Post Retirement Pilots (PRP) are still filling in while training catches up. The PRP LOA is not designed as a long term solution to keep DAL's wide bodied fleet flying. As training catches up they will be phased out.

They released 30 Perps to retirement last month and I went to the Council 44 LEC meeting yesterday and they said another 35 will be released next month (July 1).

As for recalls, Delta sent out 10 more letters yesterday for an August class (the junior pilot in this group was hired 10/30/00).

10 recalls in July (7 ATL MD88, 3 NYC 73G)

21 were recalled in June

16 in May

10 in April

17 in March

22 in February

As mentioned, 100 must be recalled by the end of the year (starting in May) so that leaves 43 more spots after August.

Last edited:
... additional info ... large numbers of pilots are using the bypass / MLOA options when their number is called. PLOA is not an option any more. Effect is that roughly 20 numbers are called in order to get 10 slots.

spanky2 said:
... additional info ... large numbers of pilots are using the bypass / MLOA options when their number is called. PLOA is not an option any more. Effect is that roughly 20 numbers are called in order to get 10 slots.

I personally don't understand why anyone who has a decent job would come back right now. I think the odds of getting recalled and then refurloughed are pretty high right now. I'd sure hate to give up a good job to go back to Delta only to get furloughed again and not even have my old job. No harm in bypassing and waiting six months to a year and see what shakes out at Delta.

Latest resources

Back