• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Dal/nwa Dcc?

hockeypilot44

Total Time
Did that happen today? I am under the impression that it did. When do the JPWA rates go into effect? I think I remember reading something about the date after DCC. Can anyone clarify what is going on?

Sedona16

Total Time
I believe the rates officially go into effect Jan 1 2009. Btw the SLI final decision has now been moved to December 20.

NuGuy

Ex-Commuter
Total Time
Heyas,

Yup. DCC was today, just after the DOJ approval. The speed of this shocked even the fanboys and true believers.

CBAID is 12:01am tomorrow.

Nu

hockeypilot44

Total Time
I guess that means that the NWA pilots debating whether or not to retire before DCC just missed their deadline or will miss it in a few hours. Amazing how fast this happened.

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
I guess that means that the NWA pilots debating whether or not to retire before DCC just missed their deadline or will miss it in a few hours. Amazing how fast this happened.

The question is will they still retire after they get their equity? Also, do we get the pay raises after the DCC or Jan 1st? I thought it was after DCC?

Bye Bye--General Lee

michael707767

Total Time

could have been Delta planned to have the DCC ready to go upon DOJ approval, to prevent a mass exodus.

Bert Harbenson

Total Time
I believe we get the pay raises starting at 12:01 October 30.....

I respectifully disagree. All of the pay tables were based on Jan. 1, 2009, with the addition of language that if DCC occures after the new year pay will be retroactive to Jan. 1. Other aspects of the JPWA such as new work rules will go in effect at 12:01.

PUflight

Total Time
I respectifully disagree. All of the pay tables were based on Jan. 1, 2009, with the addition of language that if DCC occures after the new year pay will be retroactive to Jan. 1. Other aspects of the JPWA such as new work rules will go in effect at 12:01.

I respectifully disagree with you, according to our (NWA) contract summary on the union webpage under payrates
1. At DCC match current DAL rates

hockeypilot44

Total Time
I have a pay rate table that says "1/1/2008" written on top of it. Everything I have just read implies both companies go to the joint contract pay rates tomorrow. We shall see though.

Sedona16

Total Time
I have a pay rate table that says "1/1/2008" written on top of it. Everything I have just read implies both companies go to the joint contract pay rates tomorrow. We shall see though.

This is the same place I got the Jan 1 date. Lets hope that was a missprint.

Bert Harbenson

Total Time
After further review I was partially right. There are 2008 pay tables, but they match the current DAL rate, so (as I understand it) the NWA guys should get a raise tomarrow. However the DAL payrates do not reflect the increases until the first of the year. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
You are correct. Jan 01/09 for pre-merger DAL pilots and tomorrow for NWA

higherflyer

Total Time
>40
One DL group get pay raises

With the new pay rates, the -700 pay rate is raised to match the -800 pay rates. Doesn't affect many, but there are some DL pilots getting a raise.

PeanuckleCRJ

Hurrrrrrrr
Total Time
mucho
Just remember to never call it a raise until we meet pre-BK rates.

These are reinstatements...small ones at that. It's good at least to see the guys that were furloughed at NWA to get their rightfully deserved years of service in furlough given back.

another cfii

Total Time
5000+
So the new work rules kick in today, right? 6 short calls a month, and all that good stuff? correct?

Thanks.