Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

From Delta Flight Ops

New hire pilots will be assigned an aircraft type and base as required by Delta’s operational needs. The most probable selections are as follows:
1) ATL - M88, 738
2) NYC - M88, 738
3) SLC - M88/M90

For those of you on these aircraft, how many lines are there, and where are the routes?

We use PBS

IFLYASA

We use PBS bidding so there are not any published lines however we do publish reserve lines. Here is what was published for Jan.

M88B ATL 474 total pilots in category with 54 reserve lines
M88B NYC 45 total pilots in category with 5 reserve lines
M88/M90B SLC 87 total pilots in category with 13 reserve lines
738b ATL 279 total pilots in category with 32 reserve lines
738b NYC 73 total pilots in category with 8 reserve lines

The M88 in NYC is primarily the shuttle but it does do some see America. The M88 in ATL is a lot of east coast feed to ATL with some select cities in the west and some Caribbean and Mexico flying as well. The 738 does a little of everything, east coast feed to ATL, Caribbean / Mexico / Latin America flying as well as transcons.

Hope this helps
Todd

IFLYASA

We use PBS bidding so there are not any published lines however we do publish reserve lines. Here is what was published for Jan.

M88B ATL 474 total pilots in category with 54 reserve lines
M88B NYC 45 total pilots in category with 5 reserve lines
M88/M90B SLC 87 total pilots in category with 13 reserve lines
738b ATL 279 total pilots in category with 32 reserve lines
738b NYC 73 total pilots in category with 8 reserve lines

The M88 in NYC is primarily the shuttle but it does do some see America. The M88 in ATL is a lot of east coast feed to ATL with some select cities in the west and some Caribbean and Mexico flying as well. The 738 does a little of everything, east coast feed to ATL, Caribbean / Mexico / Latin America flying as well as transcons.

Hope this helps
Todd

Excellant post! Only 5 reserve lines on the 88 in NYC, I guess that's the lowest seniority pilots..

So has it been posted what date the first interviews will start? I know late January, but is there an actual date? Also, I heard Feb/Mar for start dates, but does anyone have exact dates for that too?
When should the calls be going out for interviews?

So has it been posted what date the first interviews will start? I know late January, but is there an actual date? Also, I heard Feb/Mar for start dates, but does anyone have exact dates for that too?
When should the calls be going out for interviews?

This is the latest info

Pilot Selection
Delta Air Lines is excited to announce that we are accepting applications for pilot positions. New hire pilots are projected to be needed after all on furlough status have been offered recall. Although no firm dates have been set, tentative plans for interviews are slated for late January, while class could start as early as March. As always, Delta encourages internal recommendations. Please refer to the FAQ section for information on the recommendation and selection process.

This is the latest info

Pilot Selection
Delta Air Lines is excited to announce that we are accepting applications for pilot positions. New hire pilots are projected to be needed after all on furlough status have been offered recall. Although no firm dates have been set, tentative plans for interviews are slated for late January, while class could start as early as March. As always, Delta encourages internal recommendations. Please refer to the FAQ section for information on the recommendation and selection process.

I noticed you were on the 88. How long does new hire training take for this airplane? Pretty tough?

The aircraft training is 4 weeks, new hire stuff probably an extra week or two of indoc (it used to be 2). If you flew the Brazillia I'd say it's on par to that...

Md88

I noticed you were on the 88. How long does new hire training take for this airplane? Pretty tough?

The MD88 training as well as most others at Delta are about 30 days from start to finish. The hardest part of the 88 is using the mode control panel to smoothly fly the aircraft. Hand flying is not bad once you get used to the manual flight controls.

Boeing builds aircraft and McDonnell Douglas builds character.

From Delta Flight Ops

New hire pilots will be assigned an aircraft type and base as required by Delta’s operational needs. The most probable selections are as follows:
1) ATL - M88, 738
2) NYC - M88, 738
3) SLC - M88/M90

For those of you on these aircraft, how many lines are there, and where are the routes?

737-800 ATL has about 235 lines and 280 FOs. I am towards the bottom of the lineholders and fly pretty good trips. Very rarely fly allnighters as I bid away. The flying on the -800 is very diverse. Central America, caribbean and most major domestic markets. Overall, the trips are good and it pays $10 more than the 88. Expect to fly alot on reserve as manning is and will be tight. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back