• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Management Out, NWA In...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, who is gonna be incharge of NWA after the DCC until the certificates are merged? A Delta guy--Ed Bastain. After SOC, he will come back and be number 2 at Delta, as President and CFO I believe too. As far as all of the NWA people moving to ATL, enjoy the South, it is a lot different than MSP I bet, with a better hockey team.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Even though Bastian refers to satan as "dad."

New Delta call sign to be Northwest. Since Delta kept their name, it is only fair that the call sign remains Northwest, even though the paint job will be Delta.
Do not forget, Delta will no longer exist after the merger. It will be a new airline. They should of rebranded this new airline.

M

I say both companies are rich in history and should be renamed into one new name. This way it is a brand new day and new start fot them both and their respective names can be retired with dignity.

I say both companies are rich in history and should be renamed into one new name. This way it is a brand new day and new start fot them both and their respective names can be retired with dignity.

They have...they took the first part of Delta's name and the last part of Northwest's name and will call it
"Delta Airlines"

It is called brand recognition. You don't just give up on a name. If Coke bought RC Cola, should they name the new company "Farts Cola?"

Bye Bye--General Lee

Maybe it should be called "Norwelta" or "Delwest"

Whatever it's called can't be worse than having the name "USAirways"

!!!

I keep telling you people the new name should be "No Duh."

Seriously, it's no surprise that Anderson wants to surround himself with people he's comfortable with. He was at NWA a lot longer than he has been at Delta and therefore knows those people better. As long as he doesn't bring Frankensteenland to Atlanta, you should be okay.

Maybe it should be called "Norwelta" or "Delwest"

Whatever it's called can't be worse than having the name "USAirways"

!!!

How about DelNorte?

No, they just put Frankensteenland into the BOD, right where he belongs. More time to spend at his mansion in Minnetonka. They may reconsider putting a few more "special talent" folks in the BOD as well.

Anybody has a ballpark estimate how much the buyout for each dearly departed exec?

Latest resources

Back