• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL lost 1.4 billion, Spin it general lee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, YOU responded as well. Delta lost money, no question about it. Keep watching the cash. Profits and losses come and go. Cash is where the key is.

Na ne na ne poo poo, i think your airline is worse than mine and makes me look better and feel better about myself, na ne na ne poo poo.

I stand by my original post.

Re: DAL lost 1.4 billion, Spin it general

DAL is still forecasting a 1 billion dollar profit for 2009.

But they'll say anything.

You better hope Obama is allowed to dump a train load of government money into this economy because if things get too tight, the first luxury people will give up is flying.

The Chinese are calling 2009 the year of the Ox. But as capacity declines, it may well turn out to be the year of the RJ.

" DAL is still forecasting a 1 billion dollar profit for 2009."

So am I.

I am also forecasting a 1 million dollar profit for myself for 2009....I'm just not sure how I am going to spend all that money. Of course, my forecast is predicated on me becoming employed again so, we'll just have to wait and see how that all works out.

In a related story, tomorrow's weather is supposed to be sunny according to today's forecast...

YKW

Last edited:
But they'll say anything.

You better hope Obama is allowed to dump a train load of government money into this economy because if things get too tight, the first luxury people will give up is flying.

The Chinese are calling 2009 the year of the Ox. But as capacity declines, it may well turn out to be the year of the RJ.

Maybe so, but not at Comair
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

another regional troll more wannabeing on the majors

Na ne na ne poo poo, i think your airline is worse than mine and makes me look better and feel better about myself, na ne na ne poo poo.

I stand by my original post.

I agree. My post was in response to the apparent irony, in one poster's mind, in a loss combined with large pay cuts. My point was that much of the loss was in restoration of "pay"--driven completely and solely by the Delta pilots BTW. While we have indeed taken pay cuts, large ones, we have found ways of catching up--and in several cases exceeding--the compensation of our counterparts.

BTW, my airline is extremely well positioned to weather whatever comes our way, be it a downturn, a deep recession, a depression, or a bail out.

If Delta now goes away, everyone else is already gone, IMO. We will turn out the lights.

Nuff said.
;)

I have to agree 100% with what Puff stated. We at DAL are very well positioned to weather this.
That said, that does not mean that we will not shrink more or furlough. What it means is that this company will survive this economy storm we are now in.

Go to Delta.com and read the full report that was released this morning. There are some really good points in there.
One that I think that all pilots can put their minds around is this. DAL and NWA both had Passenger Unit Revenue (PRASM) above 100% this year. They were 101% and 103% respectively. That says a lot.
Also, we only saw a 1.7% decline in revenue year over year. Granted we saw an 8.4% decline in the domestic market, but we are not a domestic only player.

In all seriousness, go read it. It is 21 pages in length and is put in to terms that the lay man can understand. It will give you a fairly good perspective on where this company is and where it is going. I for one am glad I am here and no where else!

Sorry, I didn't have to buy my job to get hired more than 14 years ago. But I understand, living in mom and dad's trailer, times were tough, and all those "special favors;) " you did to to earn money and buy your job at Southwest. Now it looks when you get your furlough you can go apply to volaris. Comprende?:laugh:

I think Delta boys and SWA girls have the biggest egos on here. It's always my airline is better than yours......Get a life people.

I personally feel that you should be proud of who you work for. There is nothing wrong with that.
It ends up showing in the job you do day in and day out.
This holds true for any job.

Latest resources

Back