Dal Int'l Comes Home To Roost

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee,

Remember when you used to bragg about DL's fuel hedges (around 03-04 I think)? What ever happend to those hedges?

I tried to warn everyone.

History is repeating itself..... These goombahs did exactly the same thing with the Pan Am routes in the early 90s-and it durn near bankrupted them back then. That economic cycle was a mere bump-in-the-road compared to the current canyon.

Oh well-maybe this time they really are too big to liquidate.
-Let's hope-for your sake, Gen....

-What would that guy do if he could not be the village ass-clown?

The US domestic will be worse than international. It may recover earlier but looks like it will be worse in the meantime. DL has a lot of flexibility to move aircraft at this point.

CO and UAL are very quietly pulling down the overlapping flying. That's why it will take several months before the merger re-appears.

Then fantastic, they will be a great competitor. We will look at Alaska or Jetblue to maybe add to our own gaps, and there will be 3 or 4 major carriers in the US, with a couple LCCs, and that will be it. Can't wait. Hopefully RJs will go away, and we'll only have Dash-8-400s flying around to smaller cities. I will then pilot a Space Shuttle, with hourly Moon service and a six day trip to Mars. We may fly charters to Saturn, and you know we will have nonstop service to Uranus. I will avoid that at all costs.....but I hear CRJ567 loves that one.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee,

Remember when you used to bragg about DL's fuel hedges (around 03-04 I think)? What ever happend to those hedges?

Well, we still have some, and at high numbers. I think something like 40% of Q3 at over $100 a barrel, and something like 32% for Q4, with 14% for Q1 in 2009. But, the rest is at current market price, which has taken a nose dive. Hopefully we will take advantage of some of the current prices for the rest of 2009. Thanks for caring......

Bye Bye--General Lee

If they were smart, they would hedge everything for the next few years at 40ish dollars a barrel.

Latest resources

Back