DAL gets ASAP back.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

glasspilot

Found an article on FAA.gov that says ASAP is back.

My company is looking at an ASAP program and I'm curious if someone could give me the short answer on why the ASAP programs left DAL and AAL in the first place and what happened to get it back at DAL now.

Thanks in advance,

GP

Probably a question you could best find the answer to by calling their ALPA office and identifying yourself with the right credentials.

As a general rule, safety nerds are happy to talk shop and ALPA is very helpful.

Last edited:
Thanks fin,

I'm curious why you changed your first post to the one that you have now. The first one seemed pretty generic and I can't imagine could get anyone in any trouble. Or maybe I'm way off in thinking that's why you changed it.

Anyway, still looking for anyone to post specific reasons why the programs left the two airlines and why it's back at DAL. I've heard the Comair incident had to do with it (the lawyers getting the ASAP records off Comair).

Thanks again in advance,

GP

Northwest Airlines has continuously and successfully operated a Pilot ASAP program (called NASAP) for the last eight years. As a benefit of the merger, we have each agreed to leverage the considerable experience NWA brings to ASAP. This new program will carry with it associated protections from FAA certificate action and company disciplinary actions for reports accepted into the program. More importantly, it will establish the groundwork for unprecedented safety data collection, analysis, and action.
Former NWA pilots will see no change in the current NASAP program. In the coming weeks, pre-merger Delta pilots will begin receiving materials designed to provide information on the ASAP program. Sounds like NWA's FOQA Program is coming over also.

Last edited:
Anyway, still looking for anyone to post specific reasons why the programs left the two airlines and why it's back at DAL. I've heard the Comair incident had to do with it (the lawyers getting the ASAP records off Comair).

I'm not going to air dirty laundry here, but I can tell you that Comair had nothing to do with Delta's ASAP going away. Wasn't even one of the straws on the camel's back. (Now Comair dumped their own ASAP program and I'm not familiar with the reasons behind that)

. Sounds like NWA's FOQA Program is coming over also.

Delta actually turned on their FOQA program again back in November with the blessing of ALPA. No decision has been made yet which software vendor will run the merged FOQA program.

Thanks fin,

I'm curious why you changed your first post to the one that you have now.

GP
The mortality of ASAP programs typically has the same causal factors. Someone might read that and get confused, or read something into it that was not there.

ALPA has many good safety guys who are happy to talk about ASAP, or any other safety program. It is one of the parts of the union that runs very well.

Latest resources

Back