• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

180ToTheMarker

12 months of October
I would like General's take on this:

Lately at ASA, there have been a few "extra sections" added to various cities such as CAE and BHM...problem is the flight times match up with CNX mainline flights. Scheduling is calling these extra sections but it is essentially a downgrade from mailine to RJ or ATR. I wonder how well this sits with the DAL MEC?

Check out the MyASA site!

You will also see a few CR7 destinations that mainline is taking over, as it should be. Mainline is also expanding in JFK, an additional flight was also added to VPS and PNS. ;)

180tothemarker,

I don't think the DL MEC micromanages the schedule enough to see small changes like that. But, they do look at overall numbers and have filed grievances on important issues concerning our contract---like the INTL codeshare numbers being exceeded.

Tim,

We have added some new flights--especially out of JFK---but those have mainly been to new cities---like JFK--SJU and JFK to Santo Domingo---but the problem is we don't have enough mainline aircraft. The only way to increase service or "expand" with the same planes is to fly the current ones more. We are doing that with Song planes and some of the new flights on the 738 are now allnighters(DEN and SFO--JFK)---which means better utilization. Someday we hope to get some new aircraft so we can go to a new city and not have to give up the old one with a new RJ.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

GL,
Do you know if all of the mainline jets (except MD-11s) have been brought out of dessert storage? If so, there little room for mainline expansion without new mainline airplanes. VPS and PNS expansion could be normal seasonal additions that cut back in the fall and winter...not sure. Although, the new VPS terminal is looking pretty good...with real jetways...wow...

So I hear.

spanky2,

I believe all of the 737-200s and all of the remaining 767-200s are out of the desert. It would be nice to see the MD-11s come out too---but we probably don't have the sim time available since all of our sim time has been bought by World Airways. We sure could have been using those MD-11s on MAC charter work.

ATR-driver,

It is obviously our fault.....I guess nobody would want to upgrade to those things and make a little more money than flying the 767ER----even with upcoming pay cuts.......

The shareholders report showed 6 76s in the desert along with the 13 MD11s and 4 732s, which I think have been brought back since.

Latest resources

Back