Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

spongebob

Glass half empty
Well, the arbitrator sided with management. I guess they will furlough another 700 and move more flying from mainline to DCI and to code share partners.

It would be nice to know what management sees in their crystal ball.

This latest turn should make the connection (and RJDC) guys happy as well as all the kool-aid drinking pilots we have at mainline who assume every decision and move management makes is by definition right.

Hey, just venting on the way to the unemployment line...

Hi!

What arbitration?

I assume that you mean the arbitration about ASA/Comair, etc. expanding while DAL furloughs pilots. Was that something about Force Majure (sp)? Or does this have to do with a scope clause in the DAL contract?

For those of us who don't fly for DAL or their feeders, please enlighten us!

Cliff
GB,WI

PS-I'm really sorry to here that you're getting furloughed! I've been furloughed for 7 months from a regional, with no end in sight, and I can't get hired at another regional, because of my situation, and there's no local flying available!

I assume, if you're DAL, you'll have to take some regular job until you're called back-as you won't want to fly somewhere else and lose your seniority number. If you have the hours, you could go somewhere better, however, like SWA or JetBlue. I don't have any options like that!

Good Luck, and God Bless!!!

details...

ALPA sued DAL for furloughing pilots against the "no furlough" clause in the latest contract. Management countered with an invocation of the "force majeure" clause because of circumstances in the industry related to 9/11.

In any case, the arbitrator agreed with management even as the airline is expanding both DCI and code share flying. What they have received through arbitration is the ability to move a considerable amount of our flying to both connection flying and to our international partners. Something they were unable to do so by contract. Hopefully we will not forget this during the next round of negotiations.

As to your plight, I feel for you. Look into Air Logistics, they seem to be doing lots of hiring. Most regionals will probably pick up soon also. I keep busy with the Guard.

Hey cliff,
You have been here for awhile, and you don't know what it's all about? Tell me that your kidding!! Why don't you read some of the rjdc posts, or just look up all the posts made by Surplus1 or flydeltasjets. I think this will give you a pretty good education. Oh, by the way, just because you don't work for DCI or DAL doesn't mean this lawsuit will not affect you. That's what the USAirways wholly owned pilots used to think too. Good luck in your search. Try rjdefense.com as well.

Latest resources

Back