• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

DAL 757/767 Question

Fly4hire

Total Time
lots
Trying to verify an unlikely rumor I heard - that DAL does not allow the use of the VNAV function for profile descent Star's, and instead require the use of FLCH between all intermediate altitudes? Please confirm or deny. Not trying to be inflammatory, just kill a rumor....Thanks

snow-back

Total Time
VNAV was the way to go...at least a couple of years ago. I don't imagine it's changed.

~~~^~~~

Total Time
7,500+
Yep... consider that rumor killed, DOA, etc.

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
I haven't seen the FLCH way of doing it in a long while. VNAV is standard.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Cobraair75drvr

Total Time
12000+
Been off of the 75 for a few years but the way I remember is we used vnav most of the time except on the arrival after meetin all crossing restrictions. Then it was "below ten flch is your friend"

I haven't seen the FLCH way of doing it in a long while. VNAV is standard.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
Been off of the 75 for a few years but the way I remember is we used vnav most of the time except on the arrival after meetin all crossing restrictions. Then it was "below ten flch is your friend"

Correct, we use FLCH below 10 when we are vectored off an arrival. But, if you want to use V/S or anything else, it is up to you, as long as the Captain doesn't sweat too much.

Bye Bye---General Lee

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
Simply put, DAL does it the way Boeing recommends it. That is true with almost anything.