• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL 737 runs off taxiway in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice joy ride. Did it run off the top or get launched up that embankment? I've always looked at that hill and wondered if anyone would ever get some hot all-terrain action.

The Southwest guys should make a subtle mention of the grounded airplane as they pass it.
Couldn't have happened to a more humble airline and in their hub.
******************** Delta

Well, at least they know that the engines work...

Let's see, I was at a commuter for 6 years, no serious damage to aircraft by pilots. The mechanics that were supposed to fix the airplanes however:
1) Hit taxi lights with prop.
2) Lost control rammed the nose of one aircraft into fuselage/tail of another a/c.
3) Dropped a brand new engine off of hoist. minus one brand new engine
4) Though it would be OK to cut through snow bank, the props will just clear snow. Turned out it was more like an ice bank. Props turned into corkscrews, motors - Ka Boom.
We had some good mechanics, the above incidents were all from 2 guys. Were they fired? Naaahhhhh.

I have to add; climbed into aircraft for revenue flight, aircraft all signed off. Radios and some nav equipment hanging out of dash panel by their wires. Aircraft looked like someone was getting it ready to park in the desert. Friggin' awesome.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back