• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Da Tranny to STL!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Common Lear.. Quit being such a Salley... Put that airport up to 9300 ft, make it about 6900 ft long with a 64 fit dip in the middle, call it Telluride, and then come talk to me..... HPN is an easy airport to grease... You just gotta know how to land in the downsloping first 2500 ft... Hell, that airport even makes a bad pilot look good...Its a downsloping touchdown zone... What more could you ask for??? Btw.. The loads out of HNP are always good.. And when it comes to AAI being around for 30 years, it really doesn't matter what the pilots like.. Its about who's buying tickets. And the people around HPN seem to like AAI tickets....
Hah! Cute. ;)

Wrong guy; I used to fly for Flexjet in and out of Telluride, Aspen, and Rifle almost every week, as well as TEB and White Plains.

Big difference in putting a small aircraft (like a 1900 or a Lear) into one of those airports and making an Airbus or Boeing drop in on a dime.

It's even worse if the airplane's light, it floats like the CRJ did... Not to mention the B717 flight director puts you over the runway threshold at about 150 feet instead of 50 if you're following G/S guidance on the FD.

Which means you're just about to touch down and the runway starts sloping up at the 2500' marker... BAM! :D

Of course, I've never done that. LOL ;)

Took me a few months to figure out how to manage the energy on the 717, and getting it right means fighting half the automation on the airplane on every short runway, it's obnoxious.

Or you can slam down at the 3,000 foot marker and then bake the brakes. :D

HPN sucks.

I love being the first to call for taxi then being told to pull into the runup pad on a clear day with no flow control to PHL or CLT so a couple Gulfstreams, a King Air, and a whole gaggle of Netjets airplanes can depart before us.

RJs don't even get priority over Cessnas and Cirruses there...

it's in this morning's St. Louis Post Dispatch.... 4 flights a day to ATL starting May 8th.... thank God, this commute has been horrible. Plus, we need more options here in STL since AA cut and ran and turned this into another ghost town (looks like PIT now)

I wonder who will be our local spokesman Nelly, Chingy. Probably Mark Bulger since they always go for the quarterbacks....

we need more options here in STL since AA cut and ran and turned this into another ghost town (looks like PIT now)

Hopefully, it'll be a good fit for AirTran and St Louis, and yes PIT and STL have that ghost town feel, which is really depressing

I wonder who will be our local spokesman Nelly, Chingy. Probably Mark Bulger since they always go for the quarterbacks....

Mark Bulger went to High School in Pittsburgh, not TJ or USC (which is good). He'd make a pretty good spokesman, although I really wouldn't say he's all that outspoken.

Interesting

I noticed San Diego announcement on another thread. I believe Midwest has gate(s) in San Diego. Do they also have gates in St Louis?

fly directly over Farmington, Long Island, :rolleyes:

That's Farmingdale, Long Island. I grew up around there.

Farmington is in New Mexico.

TRANSPORTATION: St. Louis, San Diego in AirTran's plans

AirTran Airways plans to add new nonstop daily flights from Atlanta to St. Louis and San Diego in time for the summer travel season. The two cities are the largest destinations from Atlanta in terms of traffic or revenue that AirTran doesn't currently serve. St. Louis is the largest such market in terms of average passenger volumes, with an average of 310 passengers per day over the past year. Flights begin May 8, according to AirTran, the second-largest carrier at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. AirTran will begin seasonal service to San Diego on May 24. AirTran said the Southern California city is the largest market in terms of revenue that it doesn't fly to, with average one-way fares of $222 over the past year.

Latest resources

Back