• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

D-RVSM altitudes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I guess that's a hell of a lot easier to remember than 040 increments starting at FL290 or 310 depending on direction....sheesh

The same from MEA to FL410...I think I can handle that...

-mini

User997 said:
So what about above FL410?
Same as it ever was.... ( as I karate chop my left forearm):)
280 is gonna be stuffed, my opinion. Although, is this really going to be in effect?

This will actually be nice being able to use 400 headed west, as opposed to 390. Some days it'll mean making it NS. Suweeeeet!

ultrarunner said:
So is this what we're looking at next month:

Odd east, even west

Yup... that is correct

minitour said:
Why, you upgrading to the space shuttle? Do people really fly at or above FL410? That's high!
You would be surprised... in a typical 8 hour shift I'll work 4-6 A/C @ FL430, about 4 or 5 times a week I'll work A/C at FL450 or FL470, with the holidays you see more above FL410 due to the increased traffic.

ATCER said:
You would be surprised... in a typical 8 hour shift I'll work 4-6 A/C @ FL430, about 4 or 5 times a week I'll work A/C at FL450 or FL470, with the holidays you see more above FL410 due to the increased traffic.
Awesome...learn something new every day...at that point, are you really making them stick to the east west thing or do you just assign them what they want/need/request if able?

-mini

It's been my experience in the last year or so, since flying something that can operate up that high, is that you can pretty much go where you want on a long leg. Especially above 430.

Granted, there are more planes up there than there used to be years ago, but it still is not many planes.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back