Cyprus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KC-10 Driver

Looking for any input on things to do and see in Cyprus -- especially the southern, Greek section. We are particularly interested in historical and cultural tourism -- castles, monestaries, shrines, etc.

Also, does anyone know about travel restrictions between the Greek and Turkish parts of the island. I know that there has been some easing of tensions lately -- but if you cross from the Greek side to the Turkish side, is it possible to cross back?

Hotel/B&B info would be especially helpful, too. We are looking for unusual, memorable, non-touristy places to stay.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
I went to Cyprus for about a week when I was 15 years old (15 years ago)on't know how good my info. will be to you. I went with my Dad when he was working in Saudi Arabia. I had a great time. We rented an apartment above a little market outside of Limassol. The location was great because it was right across from the beach. The closest I ever got to the Turkish side of the island was at Mt. Olympus, which was great. Aphrodity's bath (spell?), the amphitheatre near Paphos? It's been a while, but I remember a few spots. Unfortunately the things I remember the most was the increadible food (fish and lamb meza (spell?) and the topless beaches filled with the swedish girls. If you need anymore info, I know the stuff I gave you is pretty useless, just PM and I will try to dig out thephoto album. Have fun.

I was in Cyprus about a year ago for a deployment. The only think I can recommend is a fantastic Italian restauraunt just outside of Limmosol (sp?) I can't remember the name of the road, but it was on a road that led right to RAF Akrotiri. Best food you've ever had in your life!

Have fun over there.

Ryan

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back