• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cutter PHX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I worked for them back in 1997 for about six months. Real nice people, they paid for us to move to PHX from Cincinnati, and I my salary was about $37K as a Beechjet and Citation Captain. The schedule was pretty much on call all the time, but didn't really fly all that much. I seem to recall they expected some office time when not flying. Ultimately I ended up returning to my previous employer as Cutter was selling the Diamondjet and Citation that I was flying. I could have stayed and flown a KingAir 350, but my previous employer (EJM) was much more stable.

I don't know what Cutter is up to now, but I have nothing bad to say about them at all. Hope this helps some.

nothing bad?

You said your salary was 37000 a year as a dual rated Captain...say what???????????????????

This was the going rate back in 1997. To really make you feel bad, I was flying a Falcon 50 in 1999 as a captain for approximately 85K. (and that was after we were successfull in raising the pay from 58K) Welcome to the world of aviation. You will not get rich flying airplanes...it only took me 20 years to figure that one out.

Atleast, after numerous ups and downs, attaining the left seat of a 737-800 at a major airline and being displaced, 50% paycuts, bankruptcies, etc. with multiple do overs at different employers, I think I have finally found a stable home. Flying boxes seems to be where it's at.

Take care, and happy flying

.. and boxes don't bit..!!

I think I have finally found a stable home. Flying boxes seems to be where it's at.

Take care, and happy flying[/quote]

Latest resources

Back