Cutter Aviation - PHX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

redhat99

Thinking about applying to Cutter. I'm looking for the good and the bad. Most interested in QOL, hard days off, money, updrades, and maint...but any info is appriciated.

Cutter

I have heard nothing but bad thing about Cutter. Friend of mine flew there, and he was on call all the time. They have a very high turn over with thier pilots. That speaks for itself usually. They are always looking for pilots, and I have heard of them hiring people with as little as 600-800 hrs, and very little multi. Hope this helps.

I have heard they have high turn-over... always a bad sign but there are so few good companies out there for pilots (in my opinion)

(the good companies have NO turnover)

Phoenix is great though (do we really need an IFR rating to fly here haha)

If looking for work in the Phoenix valley - try Aero Jet up at SDL - lots of growth, fun if you can take the standard B.S.

The "Bossman" at Cutter invited a close friend of mine from Hawaii to come and see their flight operations for a pilot job. When my friend and I went to the FBO to visit the guy, he wouldn't even come downstairs to meet my friend. But thats Ok. My friend is now flying for a company way better than Cutter.

Thanks Bossman! Hehehe!

Last edited:
If you leave (except maybe the day before your recurrent) you owe money from YOUR LOAN... They make you take out a loan for all of your training and then they pay off that loan as long as you are employed... kind of a good (or bad) twist on a training contact!

I don't know from experience but my brain tells me this means the company has been F'd over by people leaving... and my brain would tell me that people don't leave good companies...

My .02 :)

Mr. Cutter made me take off the girls from his FBO on my website (FBOhotties.com) ... not the kinda guy i could work for!

If you leave (except maybe the day before your recurrent) you owe money from YOUR LOAN... They make you take out a loan for all of your training and then they pay off that loan as long as you are employed... kind of a good (or bad) twist on a training contact!

I don't know from experience but my brain tells me this means the company has been F'd over by people leaving... and my brain would tell me that people don't leave good companies...

My .02 :)

So guys who have bad credit can't work there?

Latest resources

Back