Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CUEBOAT

HomeBaseBKLYN
(RANT ON)Received a written warning cause some jackhole failed to enter me in the computer. I showed him my cell phone outgoing calls with his number with a call of 2min27sec to the OPF office. What an abuse of power, I swear they got the most uneducated morons to work federal jobs. Then he went on about how he has the power to just issue the fine of $5000 once I complained.(RANT OFF)

ALWAYS write down the initials they give you at the end of the call. When they say "Juliet Bravo" that is the initials of the officer that you are speaking to. They are required to give you this info. It would have been your get out of jail free card.
lesson learned the hard way...

Near Customs Mid-Air

Years ago I was flying back from Abacos when my pax noticed a Citation 5 o'clock low about 100 feet. I was talking to Miami Center at the time with code when I looked over and could see both pilots clearly in the windscreen and United States Customs on the side. When they saw me looking at them they banked away. I asked ATC what this guy was doing so close an that I wanted to file a complaint. They informed that I should call FSDO @ FLL whereI was based which I did. Was advised to fill out a near mid-air action report which I did. The FSDO handling it called Customs OPF where the aircraft is based and asked for the pilots names and customs refused to provide it. Pissed off, the FSDO decided to proceed with the investigation. About a week later his supervisor walks into his office with some bigshot from Customs and asks to see the report. It disappeared.

ALSO, always ask for their badge #!!! This has gotten my arse out of a pinch TWICE up in DET.
Funny scenario:
Called customs in the AM to arrange a re-entry for that afternoon. Was told by some woman that you are no longer required to notify customs of your arrival. I said, that can't be true, I just did this yesterday. She says, Oh, well those people you spoke with are wrong. I politely got off the phone with her and called back an hour later. I spoke with a different person who said that other lady didn't know what she was talking about and that you "most certainly" have to pre-arrange entry.

Another incident:
After going around and around with customs (called them from the ramp in DET after their agents failed to show...they were 1.0 hrs late at this time) about how I HAD arranged earlier in the day, yada yada yada, I have so and so's badge #. At the end of the conversation after this I asked for his badge # and he hesitates then says "2." Then says he is in training. I asked to speak to his Sup. and he hung up on me. I was sooooo pissed.

Always get the initials and badge number, and ask for a log number, too. Put it all on your paperwork, along with the time you called, and initial it.

As far as getting intercepted, don't get your panties in an uproar. It's legal, and it's their job. If I were you, I'd be ashamed and embarassed at the ruckus you made over someone being that close...especially someone who is employed to be there, who does it every day, and who is doing it in the interest of national security. Get off your high horse and don't be such a panty waist about it.

Metro is funny! Is that really you? This has got to be the best chat I've ever seen. Ok I worked in Us customs and Immigrations for the airlines years back, all seem like great people!

got heckled back in 1986 for Going to the Bahamas overnight as a passenger on Gull Air. Just wanted to see Nassau, what is wrong with that? Got hecked again for doing humaritarian flights to Cuba for the former administration, I don't ever smoke cigars! As many times as I been through customs they usually ask me if I have fruit? Good lord no!

customs are usually nice to me even with my over baggage!

But One time we as a flight crew were going through Boston and there was a German Shepard at the bottom of the escalator with a Customs agent (female who liked a bull dog) and kept her dog at the pilot's private areas and kept saying to the dog "find it" find it" "find It" this is a true story! Can you Imagine! LOL LOL LOL

Miss KittyKat

Latest resources

Back