• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Customs Idiots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IF you read the overflight permint you have, it should answer all your questions. Did you read it? :erm:

Read it, why would I do that? :rolleyes: We received an approval letter stating we were approved for the overflight for 2010. The customs officer then said some things to our dispatcher that made us wonder. He was claiming it was good for our entire fleet which is not what the letter states. He just said some things that contradicted some of the things in the overflight.

Read it, why would I do that? :rolleyes: We received an approval letter stating we were approved for the overflight for 2010. The customs officer then said some things to our dispatcher that made us wonder. He was claiming it was good for our entire fleet which is not what the letter states. He just said some things that contradicted some of the things in the overflight.

The letter/permit shows what airports, airplanes, crew and passengers you can use...etc. you are kidding ...right? you really have no clue, and you would trust what someone said vs. what you have in writing?

Last edited:
LJ45 is correct. The hard copy of the permit is specific! It lists primary passengers, approved crew members and approved airports.

It also tells you how long it is valid for.

It also tells you that it is ONLY valid for overflight provided at least ONE of the primary passengers is on board. You try to use it with no one in back...bzzzz...deep doo doo!

It it also AIRCRAFT specific. If it is for a fleet, it will list ALL the aircraft.

I would really recommend you take a look at it. You can get in some serious trouble with CBP if you do not adhere to what that permit outlines.

And you need it on board! It does not happen often, and maybe less now with eAPIS, but flight crews have been asked to produce it.

Additionally, it is quite typical for CBP to included several surrounding AOE airports in addition to the specific airport you request. I.E, when you request TEB, you get EWR, JFK, LGA and HPN and SWF.

But, as LJ45 said, you need your hard copy and READ IT. Anyone that blasts off on verbal intel from someone way down in the food-chain, is just asking for trouble!

Last edited:
The letter/permit shows what airports, airplanes, crew and passengers you can use...etc. you are kidding ...right? you really have no clue, and you would trust what someone said vs. what you have in writing?

Sorry Mr. Gold Seal CFI smart ass. This a new area for me and my company. I read it and get it but was just shocked at some of comments that the customs agent mentioned. We have not used these before because we have too many changes at the last minute which makes overflight permits difficult to arrange. Sorry for bothering everyone.

Sorry Mr. Gold Seal CFI smart ass. This a new area for me and my company. I read it and get it but was just shocked at some of comments that the customs agent mentioned. We have not used these before because we have too many changes at the last minute which makes overflight permits difficult to arrange. Sorry for bothering everyone.

Well, if you spend more time reading, instead of calling people names and write your questions better,then you might get better answers. Sorry I gave you any help, I will not in the future. Now who were you calling an Idiot?

Well, if you spend more time reading, instead of calling people names and write your questions better,then you might get better answers. Sorry I gave you any help, I will not in the future. Now who were you calling an Idiot?

Sorry Mr. Know-It-All,
I don't possess as much Cessna and Piper experience as you do. I am glad you can read as I called you a smart ass not an idiot.

You sure have flown a lot of different airplanes. Is that because you are such a treat to fly with that you have to get a new job every couple of years or so?

you might be able to get my "goat" except, I have had the same job for the last 14 years and been flying professionally for 23 years, so grow up.

I am putting you on my ignore list...so don't bother responding, as I will not see it.

you might be able to get my "goat" except, I have had the same job for the last 14 years and been flying professionally for 23 years, so grow up.

I am putting you on my ignore list...so don't bother responding, as I will not see it.

I just don't understand why you had jump on my case for asking a simple question in an area that is new to me. No hard feelings. It has been a long day.

Latest resources

Back