Customs and TSA question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

country

Flying part corp part 91 to Bahamas and back. Aircraft under 12,500. Last year we flew several trips in DEC and JAN ...and at that time we would fax to customs for the return from Eleuthra Bahamas form 178 with a list of all passengers crew etc for the return trip to KFLL to clear customs. Does anybody know if TSA is requiring a prescreening of passengers this year for part 91 operators. I have called KFLL customs and they basically said we don't know what TSA needs all we care is that you have the form 178 filled out sent proir to arrival and declaration cards. Checked with AOPA and they don't know of any new procedures. Then called TSA ....well you could image the answer was no, but each person I visited with instilled less confidence with me...so it appears that all is the same as last year (DEC and JAN) ,but wanted see if anybody has different information regarding TSA.
thx.

country said:
Flying part corp part 91 to Bahamas and back. Aircraft under 12,500. Last year we flew several trips in DEC and JAN ...and at that time we would fax to customs for the return from Eleuthra Bahamas form 178 with a list of all passengers crew etc for the return trip to KFLL to clear customs. Does anybody know if TSA is requiring a prescreening of passengers this year for part 91 operators. I have called KFLL customs and they basically said we don't know what TSA needs all we care is that you have the form 178 filled out sent proir to arrival and declaration cards. Checked with AOPA and they don't know of any new procedures. Then called TSA ....well you could image the answer was no, but each person I visited with instilled less confidence with me...so it appears that all is the same as last year (DEC and JAN) ,but wanted see if anybody has different information regarding TSA.
thx.

I believe that the Bahamas are one of the listed portal countries, meaning that you do not have to get the TSA waiver. We were there in September and simply dropped into PBI, cleared customs and headed on our way.

Same thing for us, although we use FPR. They're charging a couple bucks a person to go through customs, but as said above, I don't think there is a requirement for TSA waiver.

Latest resources

Back