Cusco (spzo)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GPilot

Anyone been? Looking for hotel rec's, any other helpful info. Thanks in advance...

been there twice in 10 months. You have to go to Lima first to get the blessing, but all in all real cool.
pm me if you want my phone number for some good stuff. If you just want the hotel it's the Liberdor.

just got back from there yesterday, my second trip.

you no longer have to go to lima first, you can view the briefing materials here-
http://www.mtc.gob.pe/portal/transp...aprox_visual_cusco/ind_aprox_visual_cusco.htm

and then send in a responsibility letter, and that should meet the briefing requirement.

the day in their video is clear as a bell. depending on the time of year you go, the weather might not be so good. during the rainy season it might be an issue.

the liberador is the 2nd nicest in town, and runs just shy of $300 a night.

if you have a handler, they can set you up with a trip to macchu picchu for just under $300. the price includes a driver to the train station, train and park tickets, and a personal guide at the park. it's about a 4 hour train ride, then when you get there, a 20 min bus up to the ruins. so 8 hours on the train in the day is kind of long, but it's almost an obligation to go if you are in cuzco.

just did this trip on 6th of june. thanks much to the p/m from pilot error and wantfrys. very helpful.
i was a hired gun on a g4 for this trip, and the pic was using jepps intl. planning to handle the trip. knowing this was a hairy airport to fly into, i was uncomfortable with jepps claim that nothing was required of the crew prior to entry. i called a friend at pacific coast forcasting who told me yes, there is a crew requirement. ( i had further probs with jepps on hotel and communicatrion issues. will never use them again) i then checked this website, and pilot error had the correct info (and some awesome pics of machu picchu) for the peruvian website with the cusco airport procedures.
the current procedure is to review all info on the weblink and youre handler will let Lima know (same handlers at all airports in Peru). thats all that is required for the crew to be legal. no tests or anything.
peruvian controllers are great and speak english very well. they will keep u on airways with almost no chance of directs. u will have to fly full approaches, even in cavu weather.
the approach into aspen is actually much worse than cusco. be mindful of transition levels (sometimes 4 or 6k feet). and review your aircraft's pressurization system procedures; aircraft limitations; and tire speeds for ops at 11800msl.
any questions feel free to me
eric

Latest resources

Back