Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ex737Driver

Contract 2020????
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/bfefe734-b18b-11dc-9777-0000779fd2ac.html?nclick_check=1

Maxjet in last-ditch talks

By Kevin Done, Aerospace Correspondent
Published: December 23 2007 20:40 | Last updated: December 23 2007 20:40

The fate of Maxjet Airways, the struggling US all-business class airline, is expected to be announced today, as last-ditch efforts continued at the weekend to put together a financial rescue package.
Trading in London in the shares of Maxjet, one of the new breed of all-business class long-haul airlines, was suspended two-and-a-half weeks ago.
The airline, which has been developing a network between London Stansted and the US, said on December 7 that it had requested the trading suspension “pending clarification of its financial position”.

The only statement it has issued since came two weeks ago, when it said it was operating all flights and had no plans to change its schedule. It said advance bookings remained strong.
Maxjet started flying transatlantic services in November 2005 between Stansted and New York JFK airports. It has since opened additional routes between Stansted and Los Angeles and Las Vegas and has offered the widest scheduled long-haul network from Stansted.
It raised net proceeds of £47.3m in an initial public offering in June, becoming the second all-business airline after Silverjet, its UK rival, to list on London’s Alternative Investment Market. In previous funding rounds it had raised about $88m in private placements.
It has faced mounting losses, however, in the face of surging fuel prices and lower-than-expected fare yields. Higher maintenance costs for its ageing fleet of Boeing 767 aircraft have also depressed its financial performance.
After being launched at 138p a share, Maxjet shares rose briefly to a peak of 140p, but have declined steeply in recent months, falling to a low of 73½p before trading was halted.
The search for financial backing has been made more difficult by deteriorating world financial markets.
Maxjet had a net loss of $49.5m in the first six months of the year, as it was hit by higher than expected costs from aircraft maintenance and rising fuel prices, as it expanded its transatlantic operations. It made a net loss of $79m in 2006, its first full year of operations, on turnover of $41.1m.

Tough situation always but even tougher before Christmas/New Years. We all hope Maxjet makes it, but I am sure EOS would be receptive to Maxjet pilots if they don't (757/767 type with relevant experience).

Good luck to everyone at Maxjet!

I hate to see this happen to such a fine operation. I jumpseated on them to Stanstead last year and found them to be an exceptional flying experience. Kinda took me back in time to when flying was fun and a pleasurable event. Very friendly and personal service, truly a first rate outfit. I actually considered applying there as a result of my experience.

Best of luck.

D1

Last edited:
maxjet is DONE! buddy go tthe call.email telling him to get his ass on the first flight back to the US!!

sooo sad. i worked there 93 days and while i saw the writing on the wall, it was a cool place to work, and cool people who liked to teach the new guys the transoceanic stuff.

oh well, it defintely could have been managed better though

skippy,

thanks for the dual type rating!

Check out www.maxjet.com

Not sure Chapter11 means they are completely done, David Needleman has been looking at books for several days to use this certificate for something going long range south. He still has not made a decision so far regarding his interest.

The Eos Chief Pilot and D.O. has stated that every Maxjet crewmember would be "interviewed with preference".

Good luck to all....

We're hiring at North American. I know that it's not scheduled but I believe we are the best non-sched out there. 9 on 6 off. 24hr long call.

Latest resources

Back