current upgrade times in the industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JBL

I dont think youll have to worry about securing the airplane at Midnight at ASE in January unless you like to leave your hotel room in the middle of the night to practice putting the engine covers on

ASE closes at 2300, curfew for all but Stage III is 30 min after sunset and the approach isnt authorized at night (and I dont know many people that would fly in there VFR at night - the last one that did didnt work out so hot)

Just dont forget to take the sodas out of the airplane

flydog said:
JBL

I dont think youll have to worry about securing the airplane at Midnight at ASE in January unless you like to leave your hotel room in the middle of the night to practice putting the engine covers on

ASE closes at 2300, curfew for all but Stage III is 30 min after sunset and the approach isnt authorized at night (and I dont know many people that would fly in there VFR at night - the last one that did didnt work out so hot)

Just dont forget to take the sodas out of the airplane

All true. See what trying to write a witty closing gets you?! Truthfully, the closest I ever got to Aspen was flying over it on my way to CA...broad daylight at 39,000'...and it still scared me. :) Lots to learn this winter...touche flydog.

Island Air has upgrade time to DHC-8 captain in less than a year if you come with decent flight time, otherwise, you are looking at 12-18 months.

The last upgrades went to guys who were here from 1 1/2 years and as junior as 10 months. The guys at 10 months had over 2500TT and 750ME. Although, if you have those times, there's a potential for street captain... although not many pass.

Latest resources

Back