Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

P3-Adub

Bye Bye !!!
Just wondering what is being said on the line about the ERP these days ?

Saw the pros and con letters the other day along with the rebuttles. Interesting. There are some very good points being made and also some definition of "WHAT" the plan is all about. Sure like to see something definite these days.

Just trying to get a feel for how things are going and what the average line pilot thinks of this proposal ? If I were there, I am sure that it is the hot topic in the cockpit.

Thanks,

I believe that yesterday UAL and U made press releases announcing the new code share agreement.

My question is, can they do that without the pilot groups approval, since your MEC signed off on it? I thought the codeshare thing was part of the vote.

RR

Here's what I found:

United and US Airways Announce Code-Share Agreement

Wednesday July 24, 5:36 pm Eastern Time

Press Release

SOURCE: United Airlines

United and US Airways Announce Code-Share Agreement

Agreement Provides Significant Benefits, Gives Customers Access to Both Carrier's Frequent-Flyer Programs

CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 24, 2002--United Airlines (NYSE: UAL - News) today announced an agreement with US Airways that will allow both carriers
to market service on each other's networks, providing significant consumer benefits and bringing new revenue and customers to their route networks.

"This agreement will bring additional competition to other airlines and network alliances," says Jack Creighton, United's chairman and chief executive officer. "As a
result, customers will enjoy expanded service, greater connection opportunities, and reciprocal access to each carrier's frequent-flyer programs.

"The agreement allows both carriers to complement their route networks in a way that will attract new traffic and boost revenue for both airlines," Creighton continues.
"We believe today's agreement is a good strategic fit for both carriers and critical to our recovery efforts. At the same time, competition between the carriers will remain
strong, and the companies will retain separate pricing, scheduling, and sales forces."

As part of the agreement, customers will be able to earn and redeem miles in each carrier's frequent-flyer programs. They also will benefit from a more streamlined
process for ticket reservation, check-in, and baggage transfers.

The agreement was signed on July 24 and has been approved by the Master Executive Councils of each airline's pilots' union. United Airlines and US Airways today
also notified the U.S. Department of Transportation of the agreement.

"These types of agreements are a long-standing part of the core business model for the airline industry, and ours is no different," Creighton says. "In fact, U.S. carriers
today are involved in more than 100 such agreements."

United operates more than 1,900 flights a day on a route network that spans the globe. News releases and other information about United may be found at the
company's website at www.united.com.

The approval of the codeshare was solely at the discretion of the UAL MEC. It did not require membership approval and is in no way tied to the ERP vote.

Latest resources

Back