Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

staylow

Another Hasbeen-Neverwas
Recently redeployed home after a 14-month deployment with the military. I'm not current and my airline was shut down while I was deployed...any ideas on how to start over? Or better yet...who might be hiring? Where can I get current, if I end up having to buy my currency? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Hiring

Republic is hiring. Don't spend any money or time on currency you will be current when you finish IOE

Last edited:
Absolute worst case go to the military aero club.... before that, several regionals are seeing the writing on the wall, apply, go to the interview, ask them what they are paying, then get up and leave. Then apply to Virgin/Spirit/Jetblue, ect

Last edited:
Recently redeployed home after a 14-month deployment with the military. I'm not current and my airline was shut down while I was deployed...any ideas on how to start over? Or better yet...who might be hiring? Where can I get current, if I end up having to buy my currency? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you for your service! I agree - send an app to Republic.

Good luck!

bad advice

Absolute worst case go to the military aero club.... before that, several regionals are seeing the writing on the wall, apply, go to the interview, ask them what they are paying, then get up and leave. Then apply to Virgin/Spirit/Jetblue, ect

I would love to think this would work, but this guy sounds pretty much like a moron. First, why would you waste your time to go to an interview and then leave. If you want to know what they pay go to airlinepilotcentral.com and look. Secondly, this moron is saying apply to Jetblue. That would be great, if they were taking applications. They are not. Go to jetblue.com, workhere tab and look for yourself or better look frequently and apply when you can. As far as Spirit and Virgin, I have not looked, but I am sure you can go to their sites and look.

Guess my sarcasm didn't come over too well. With his background, there is no reason to go to any of the regionals to work for food stamp wages. Jetblue did just have a window to apply (may well be closed again) Spirit and Virgin are also slowly hiring. My point was he would be better off staying in the military in a non flying role and just stay current at the aero club rather than put up with the abuse of commuting to a regional that's paying food stamp wages. Hold out for at least a LCC level job.

Got Credit/Guts? Buy a light twin, put it back for sale the day you buy it, fly the hell out of it for 30 days for fuel/oil, and resell.

Does currency in a C-172 or BE-58 real count that much in getting a job for a former 121 pilot? I know it would make no difference to me in reviewing an application of a 5,000 hour pilot. To refresh inst skills, desk top computer set up works fine. While I was between job, I flew mine 3 hours a week, had no problem with the sim eval when I finally got the interview.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back