• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

InstructorPuke

Jester's Dead!!
For Comair Folks,

I am writing this question just on the basis of curiosity. It is not flamebait, nor is it questioning the past Comair strike.
I was wondering what Comair did to the Probie Pilots during the strike. Were they terminated or was their job status unchanged?
I know the saying that it is easier to survive a termination then survive a blacklisting. I know that I myself would NEVER cross the line. Just wondering.

From the "Back to Work Letter of Agreement", section I:

Trainee Pilots. All eighty-six (86) trainee pilots terminated by the Company on April 16, 2001 will be given seniority numbers in accordance with Scetion 21 of the new Agreement and will be deemed to have been furloughtd. Such furloughtd pilots will thereafter be entitled to recall subject to Section 22 of the new Agreement.

In other words, Comair pilots negotiated the new-hires' return as part of the Pilot Working Agreement.

Sorry, I misread your post. I don't believe the company fired any probationary pilots, outside those who were in initial training at the time. I'm sure if they had, there would have been a clause added to the PWA to reinstate them as well.

K thanks,

Just wondering what went down. I heard that some got terminated. I've heard that usually their reinstatement is addressed in the back to work agreement. I'm really glad it worked out that way for them.

thanks for the reply

Latest resources

Back