Cummins Diesel Corporate Flight Department

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lel

Does anyone have any info on the Cummins Diesel flight department based in Columbus, Indiana in terms of quality of life, schedules, number of pilots, salary range, upgrade times, general info like that? I'd really appreciate any insight, thanks in advance.

Some of us might want to know about cummins....

GulfstreamSDL said:
Some of us might want to know about cummins....

Generally speaking... They have 3 Hawker 800A's they acquired in 1994 new and they have just acquired a Dornier 328Jet to get back in to the corporate shuttle operations after selling the Saab 340A they had a couple years ago. They are in the process of hiring and I had heard they are looking for a minority candidate (I haven't verified this, but they are due for such a move)... They just had one pilot leave and I think their full-time head count is 12 with 2 contract pilots that they use regularly. They fly all of the a/c around 600 hrs./yr. They have a days off rotation that has varying degrees of reliability depending on what their staffing situation happens to be at any given time. Last I heard they were starting at 48K plus bennies while they have attempted to recruit new hire captains at higher wages (this hasn't worked out well).

Out of the pilot roster, all but 2 have been there roughly 4 yrs. or less.

This is the scoop, for better or worse. Still know people there. ;)

Last edited:
h25b said:
Out of the pilot roster, all but 2 have been there roughly 4 yrs. or less.

This is the scoop, for better or worse. Still know people there. ;)

I think the first part makes the answer to the second part pretty obvious.... :(

Has the pay improved in recent years? I have been hearing a lot of good things from some guys that live in the area. I live in Louisville but would move for the right gig

Latest resources

Back