• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Culpae poena par esto

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea run from the fight? I have a few buds who did that during the fight at flops and now regret it.

My advice, for what it worth on this annomonous message board, if you get a good opportunity take it. Otherwise stay and fight. Hard.

Ya they work what 8 and 6 and get paid what 70 grand as a senior captain?

hoarders

“…Obama drive us over the cliff…”

Well. Um, uhh, I believe you’re thinking small.

I meet pilots every day who believe $100k or $125k per year is a lot of money. 25 years ago, these amounts might have been at the top of many pay scales. But now, comparing the value of the dollar, you’d have to make twice! these amounts, to get the same buying power as you did then.

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

So you’re flying a late model Gulfstream… I hear the cost for a six month currency for Gulfstream pilots is now significantly north of $80k…

And on that Gulfstream…The boss wants to go to the middle east for a week. Tanker up that 6000 gallon tank (@ $5 per gallon) and you’ve spent $30k without ever even starting the engines. Flight planning, over-flight fees, handling fees, foreign airport taxes, deice, mx, hangars, hotels, ground transportations, hourly operational reserve, personnel, security maybe for the boss and the airplane… That little week long excursion (there and back) is gonna set him back $75k, easily…

And yet you cling to the idea that a $100 landing fee is gonna bankrupt these people. What about a $500 landing fee?

I dislike taxes and inventing new ways to collect taxes and calling taxes other names: fees, tolls, etc. But you’re making a huge mistake if you think the people in the back do not have gobs and gobs of money. They’re hoarders, where there’s no such thing as too much money… I hate to break it to you, but your salary is a pittance to them!

Worship them because they have money? No. I’m only paid to fly an airplane. I don’t volunteer my time and resources helping the rich get richer…

Ludicrous Speed said:
Worship them because they have money? No. I’m only paid to fly an airplane. I don’t volunteer my time and resources helping the rich get richer…

Problem is that many pilots don't see it that way. They are so wrapped up in being grateful for the opportunity. It's like slavery on a plantation was possible only because some were given supervisory power which they then became so enamored by, they helped a minority control and subjugate the majority.

Last edited:
Problem is that many pilots don't see it that way. They are so wrapped up in being grateful for the opportunity. It's like slavery on a plantation was possible only because some were given supervisory power which they then became so enamored by, they helped a minority control and subjugate the majority.
Amassing people earning in the upper 5% of all income earners in the US doing something that does not even require college degree and it is not good enough for some.

Anyone with a certain level of skill and desire can fly an airplane, it is not rocket science, and if you fly because you like to, there is no better job.

YIP,

first off, how are you? everything well with you? Just making sure that I'm polite enough before I take issue with what you are posting...(I was made aware of how sensitive you tough guys really are on another thread recently...)

How much educational pedigree a certain profession requires is not a measure of any individuals economic worth.

A most radical example is LeBron James, he never went to College either. Does that make him less valuable in the NBA'a eyes??

OH and btw, not getting rewarded properly for my experience and education that I bring to the table (cockpit) while not new, is still not acceptable no matter how blindingly the aluminum is polished...or how myopic my coworkers are about what is acceptable...

Last edited:
YIP,

first off, how are you? everything well with you? Just making sure that I'm polite enough before I take issue with what you are posting...(I was made aware of how sensitive you tough guys really are on another thread recently...)

How much educational pedigree a certain profession requires is not a measure of any individuals economic worth.

A most radical example is LeBron James, he never went to College either. Does that make him less valuable in the NBA'a eyes??

OH and btw, not getting rewarded properly for my experience and education that I bring to the table (cockpit) while not new, is still not acceptable no matter how blindingly the aluminum is polished...or how myopic my coworkers are about what is acceptable...

Outstanding!

YIP,
Thank you for your kind and sensitive words, they are a welcome addition on a site where name calling and trashing have become a form of art.

But you and I agree 100% on this. It is as I have posted for going on 10 years, educational pedigree does not determine who you are, it is what you can offer an employer who rewards you with an income. I look forward to a never rending stream of kind and sensitive posts from you in the future.

YIP,

You are my new hero, posting with such kindness and consideration! Actually, it is MUCH appreciated, Ohgoon.

Ya they work what 8 and 6 and get paid what 70 grand as a senior captain?

Nope, we actually have 3 schedule types. 7/7, 8/7 and a flex. All are bid and awarded based on seniority.

Also you are off by between 30 and 50 on the wages, depending on your definition of a "senior captain". We just got a 3% raise and expect to get another 3% next year.

Still under compensated, but heading in the right direction.

You are my new hero, posting with such kindness and consideration! Actually, it is MUCH appreciated, Ohgoon.

Don't let him fool ya, he's an a$$ hole....but there's no law in occasionally agreeing with an a$$wipe such as Ohgoon.

Latest resources

Back