• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cuban Overfly...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A buddy of mine wants to fly to the Cayman Islands and whats to know what is involved to fly over Cuba. Anybody have any idea?

FAA International Flight Manual has the procedure.

A couple of years ago I called the FBO at Cayman Islands and they got the Cuban overflight request for me. I believe the overflight request was good for that zulu day.

Cool! Brothers to the rescue partII.Cuban Migs will put a great airshow for ya!.Let us know when you are going!

Last edited:
giantfan said:
A buddy of mine wants to fly to the Cayman Islands and whats to know what is involved to fly over Cuba. Anybody have any idea?

Big cojones and a parachute.:)

Done it, but Universal did all of the legwork :) On our return leg is was cool to see the light of Cuba AND the lights of Key West in the distance!

AOPA just had an article on their website regarding this issue... Two options, go through a handler (Universal) or you can go through the State Department directly. They said that if you go throught the State Department, you needed about two months lead time to for everything to go through the proper channels... They also said something about not having a overflight permit entails a $65,000 fine...

Flying Illini said:
Done it, but Universal did all of the legwork :) On our return leg is was cool to see the light of Cuba AND the lights of Key West in the distance!
do you have universals website or phone number

Latest resources

Back