CS or Flex!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XTW,

You always have informative, professional posts. Thanks.

How long have you worked for CS? What do you like and what don't you like about CS? I am military and getting ready for retirement and would like to get a better idea on CS. I like what I have heard about it so far and would like to gather up as much information as possible. Thanks.

A consideration of the CS 7/7, your schedule is set for one full year. Then as you move into the new year there is a week swap. Someone good at explaining this complictated process can chime in. This prevents you from missing every holiday/birthday.
The jury is out on how the senioriorty system will effect us. As of now the junior person will have the same schedule as the #1. This eleminates the need to wait on a captain upgrade for QOL reasons.

It seems like they are doing things smart. I never thought about that schedule option of switching them after a year but it makes allot of sense when I look at it the way you explained it. If they didn't, you are stuck on a schedule that could have you missing Christmas every year. Not that I haven't done that enough in my military career. ;)

Pretty interesting thread, comparing Flex and CS.

From my outsider perspective, I just don't get why Flex doesn't open up more base cities. Their equipment is top notch, but they work a lot harder for their money (an extra 20 days/year), which is hard to justify.

To me, its all about the quality-of-life and paycheck.
After CS's recently announced new pay rates, I put in my application. I live about 10 minutes from one of their bases, so it would work perfect for me. I've heard some good things from various folks....now just got to keep my fingers crossed for a phone call.

Good luck to all,

FCN

Thanks for all the replys guys. I have interviews with both coming up. Good things to think about and ask questions!!!

what's the approx. wait time from when you submit your application to getting a call, to getting a class date?

Personally walked in by some personal friends, a few months! Thanks guys keep the info coming!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back