• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cs/nja

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C/S or NJ far exceeds QOL at any regional, IMO...having done both. As for HBogarts silly posts, I can assure you he's not the typical C/S pilot. In fact, I have to wonder if he even works there.

I can't tell you how many ex-Regionals pilots I've flown with over the years - even before the TA, it was better at NJA!

I just don't get why you even have to have domiciles. You're going to airline to your aircraft anyway, isn't it about the same cost to airline you from XYZ airport as it is to airline you from CMH or GSO or wherever? Why are they so adament about having you live in one of those places?

CapnVegetto said:
I just don't get why you even have to have domiciles. You're going to airline to your aircraft anyway, isn't it about the same cost to airline you from XYZ airport as it is to airline you from CMH or GSO or wherever? Why are they so adament about having you live in one of those places?

The theory is that they might be able to route planes and crews through these five cities a little more easily. If they can pull that off, they feel that they could get more productivity out of pilots on the first and last days of a tour and hopefully cut down on airline costs, too.

NJA pilots based in CMH seem to start and/or end a trip without an airline much more frequently than crewmembers at other current gateways. But my guess would be that once the company packs a whole lot of pilots into the five new domiciles, the company is going to discover that they are still airlining a lot of people around. Put another way, there probably is a critical mass-type number for the company's plan and I think that they'll suprpass that level and end up once again with the very inefficencies they are hoping to avoid with their plan. But we shall have to wait and see.

Stickshaker said:
I have the best crew meals money can buy.

Stickshaker - see Section 20.7 in the new TA. Looks like Chilean sea bass over steamed asparagus tips with Hollandaise sauce won't be an option if the TA is voted in. I just hope the lone vegetarian option won't be PB&J...:rolleyes:

Guitar Guy said:
Stickshaker - see Section 20.7 in the new TA. Looks like Chilean sea bass over steamed asparagus tips with Hollandaise sauce won't be an option if the TA is voted in. I just hope the lone vegetarian option won't be PB&J...:rolleyes:

Well if I can't get my Sea Bass or Seared Beef then it's a NO vote.
Period!

Lol

Stickshaker said:
Well if I can't get my Sea Bass or Seared Beef then it's a NO vote.
Period!

Lol

Now that's a good reason for a "no" vote! :D A man's got to have principles.

Latest resources

Back