CS CJ3s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I think I saw one of CS's CJ3s recently - definitely looked bigger than the CJ1. How many CJ3s are currently operated and what is the expected ramp up of aircraft through the end of next year?

Anyone flying it - any impressions?

Heavy Set said:
I think I saw one of CS's CJ3s recently - definitely looked bigger than the CJ1. How many CJ3s are currently operated and what is the expected ramp up of aircraft through the end of next year?

Anyone flying it - any impressions?

I haven't seen any CS CJ3s but I have seen a few CJ3s in California (SNA, VNY and SJC) on a recent trip. Definitely look longer than a CJ2. Looks like a nice aircraft to fly. Maybe English (I think she formerly flew a CJ2 and knows people who fly the CJ3) or someone from CS can clue us in on the aircraft and how many are expected at CS...

Cj#

It's a nice little airplane. Over powered to some degree. Great avionics. A little bigger than the Bravo with a lot more performance. 410 true at 430 the other night.

On Your Six said:
I haven't seen any CS CJ3s but I have seen a few CJ3s in California (SNA, VNY and SJC) on a recent trip. Definitely look longer than a CJ2. Looks like a nice aircraft to fly. Maybe English (I think she formerly flew a CJ2 and knows people who fly the CJ3) or someone from CS can clue us in on the aircraft and how many are expected at CS...

I don't know anyone at CS that flies the CJ3.

However, I hope to have more first-hand knowledge of the aircraft in a few weeks. I'll let you know!

Cj-3

I have flown it and it is very nice, but it still is a CJ and a speed bump. Climbs well up to about FL 240 then starts giving out.

If you go with 7 pax plus belted potty there is no storage space in the cabin.

Mobie

mobie said:
If you go with 7 pax plus belted potty there is no storage space in the cabin.

Mobie

That's pretty much always a problem on small 5-6 pax airplanes when you put 7 people in them ;-)

Conchflyr said:
CS has 4 CJ3s.

N401CS
N404CS
N405CS
N406CS

According to the Monday Brief, We have 5 now.

hogdriver00 said:
It's a nice little airplane. Over powered to some degree. Great avionics. A little bigger than the Bravo with a lot more performance. 410 true at 430 the other night.

Over powered? I didn't think such a thing was possible in ANY airplane...

Cj3

What I really meant is that there are detents for takeoff, climb and cruise. No more messing with power settings. The cruise detent is unusable because the airplane always overspeeds. The performance numbers are based on the cruise power settings in the detent for range, fuel burn, etc. Since you are always at a lower power setting you get better performance numbers. We have been using a few hundred pounds less fuel than the AFM cruise numbers.

I agree, you can never have too much power.

Latest resources

Back