CRJ to Challenger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ROSWELL41

Would anyone with CRJ experience that now or has ever flown a Challenger biz jet care to elaborate on the types major differences? Was training fairly easy going between the two? Could someone with CRJ experience pass a short course to gain a CL-600 type rating?

Have not done it personally.....however, one fellow in our dept. has and from what I understand it is a fairly painless transition (to the 604). The 600, 601 are not as automated and could take more time to get used to. It is an entirely new type rating however...you will have to do a full initial..typically 3 weeks.

Good Luck.

No short course available from the CL65 to the CL60/61/64.

Got a line on a new gig? Call me soon...

What type of Challenger are we talking about? I've heard that the transition from CRJ to Challenger 604 is not difficult. Glass is glass.

The transition to a less-automated Challenger 601 or even older 600 (no glass) would be less straightforward but doable. I hear the Challenger 600 is underpowered (not surprising since it is older).

Did the Cl-65 to CL-604 - non-issue. Also did the 600/601, while systems are nearly identical, avionics on the 600/601 is entirely different. If you've flown the 65, the 604 is breeze. If you've flown the 65 and are going to a 600/601, get ready to have to think a little more to stay ahead from a line operational standpoint. In either case, yoru 65 experience will be valuable an any challenger.

What AZ Typed said...

Transitioning from the CL65 to the CL604 is no problem. The biggest difference (IMHO) is the fuel system on the 604. Flying the sim is essentially the same and you'll have no issues with the Proline 4 (It all looks the same (for the most part)!

Treetop

A little advise if you get your type in tucson. Dont wake up from a nap and ask about the second pressure controller they get pi$$ed, also there is no service tru. Now if you send me 25,000 I will send your type rating via email and save your company 5,000.

Latest resources

Back