CRJ Question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mocaman

I recently flew on a 200 model. While we were at cruising altitude I noticed that the plane was very subtly banking back and forth. It was at night so I was lining up a light on the ground to the top of the window and noticed this occuring. I do not know what the altitude was (Charlette to IAD). Does anyone know what may have caused this?

My guess is just the autopilot maintaining it's course. I know the winds on the East Coast have been pretty strong, and if the TURB (turbulence) Mode is selected on, the autopilot will not be as aggressive in making corrections, thus gentle osscilations.

Or maybe the autopilot was disconnected and the pilots were flying with their knees the way you drive a car sometimes.

Just my guess.

It is a function of the autopilot. Prior to the Eicas 2000 software upgrade the oscillation was much worse. I kinda like it rocks the people to sleep, haha.

AWD

Iecas 2000

Before I left for MLOA in Jul 2004, I was told that a new IECAS Softaware upgrade was comming to ASA. Has it arrived and if not, have they completed any upgrades to the system??? Thanks.

Tim47SIP said:
Before I left for MLOA in Jul 2004, I was told that a new IECAS Softaware upgrade was comming to ASA. Has it arrived and if not, have they completed any upgrades to the system??? Thanks.

Software update was around 2000-2001. They were talking about another one around 2004, but I think they (Bombardiar sp?) decided not to go ahead with the project. But then again I have not been on the airplane in almost a year.

AWD

Still no EICAS upgrade... (other than the 2000 upgrade). The rolling motion is actually a very, very, very light dutch rolling action. Some CRJs have a harder time with it than others, but just about every CRJ (at least the 200) does it a bit.

Very annoying when the sun is casting moving shadows across the USAtoday upfront...

One of our DA20's does this. All it takes is a slight patch of turbulence and it gets going...sometimes to the point where you have to disconnect the A/P, set it right, then turn it back on. Very frustrating and maintenance, ours or Falcon Jet, can't seem to find it. They've tried replacing the yaw and roll servos along with numerous other fixes, all to no avail.

To you CRJ guys...I know we just fly big computers, but it still sounds odd listening to you all talk about sofware upgrades for your jets and how you get better performance b/c of it.

You think that's bad? Try the EMB-145 and the Famous Honeywell Shuffle.

Latest resources

Back