• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

CRJ headsets

DoinTime

Total Time
6000+
If you don't think hearing protection is neccesary in the CRJ you must already be deaf. ANR is nice but just be sure to get something with real hearing protection.

PeanuckleCRJ

Hurrrrrrrr
Total Time
mucho
Me deaf. Me wear Telex 750's.

Erlanger

Total Time
13000+
Telex 750 suck for the RJ. There's better out there. Don't waste your money on them. Most Telex 750 wearers also have earplugs in; makes no freakin sense. A good pair of ANRs for jets work great. You won't regret the money you spent. And don't ever wear the headsets that you wore when you were instructing or flying freight in that noisey turboprop!

Can'tSWAit

Total Time
6700+
Take a look at the "AURI COM" headset made by Quiet Technologies. It's very light weight, has a speaker in both ears and doesn't give you the ole headset head. You can use a molded ear plug that cuts out airplane niose but with a small hole in the middle allows full volume radio reception. www.Quiettechnologies.com. Great product!

blackbox

Total Time
I wear the 750s, but I wish i spent the extra money and bought the 850's.

bayoubandit

Total Time
5000+
I've tried what seems like everything. I've used the Sennheiser HMEC25's and they work great. No ANR is needed with them but it's still a clamp after a while on your head. I also tried the Telex 750's with earplugs and didn't like that too much. Then I went for the Telex 850's and they are very comfortable but I thought the sound quality was aweful. It may have just been the pair that I had though. Finally I'm using molded earpieces in both ears with a Telex 5X5. Works great IMO.

imacdog

Total Time
I have Denalis and they work fine in the CRJ.

twinbeech

Total Time
plenty
Denalis are great. As an added bonus, my iPod earbuds fit underneath them just fine. Turn on the ANR, bring up the com volume just a smidge, and those three hour block trips just melt away.