Crj guys - need help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wiki

I,m trying to get home soon and need some advice. The flight I,m looking at is about 3 hours long and is booked to 28 out of 50. The question is are there any weight restrictions on a 3 hour leg assuming good weather . Is there a good number/formula to work with regarding stage length versus available paxload on the CRJ. I would appreciate any guidance you guys have as I am traveling soon and need to look at my options . Thanks.

You paid $10 to post this?

I,m trying to get home soon and need some advice. The flight I,m looking at is about 3 hours long and is booked to 28 out of 50. The question is are there any weight restrictions on a 3 hour leg assuming good weather . Is there a good number/formula to work with regarding stage length versus available paxload on the CRJ. I would appreciate any guidance you guys have as I am traveling soon and need to look at my options . Thanks.

28 out of 50 should be fine.

BOW 32,000
30PAX X 195# = 5850
FUEL = 10,000
CARGO = 2000

Actual GTOW = 49,850

MAX TOW = 53,000

Actually CRJ's usually only have problems on shorter flights with a required alternate. Max landing weight is 47,000, so if you load up on extra fuel you might not have time to burn the GW down to 47,000 if the GTOW was much above 50,000.

Also high & hot can be a problem, but not in March

I've never had a problem PHL/DCA to MCI taking 50 people, even in winter...but if there is an alternate required you're going to be REALLY tight and something might have to give.

28 out of 50 should be fine.

BOW 32,000
30PAX X 195# = 5850
FUEL = 10,000
CARGO = 2000

Actual GTOW = 49,850

MAX TOW = 53,000

Actually CRJ's usually only have problems on shorter flights with a required alternate. Max landing weight is 47,000, so if you load up on extra fuel you might not have time to burn the GW down to 47,000 if the GTOW was much above 50,000.

Also high & hot can be a problem, but not in March

HA HA, 195? your passengers are fatter than ours

FAA standard number for winter pax, including their carryons...what number do YOU use, and how the hell do you get away with it????

We use 189 at 9E, but we went through all kinds of gyrations to get the FAA to approve it.....moving water 3 inches further aft, putting crew bags in the BOW etc...

We use 189 at 9E, but we went through all kinds of gyrations to get the FAA to approve it.....moving water 3 inches further aft, putting crew bags in the BOW etc...

But still most of passengers would weigh more than that gutted,, hanging cold on a meat hook.....

But still most of passengers would weigh more than that gutted,, hanging cold on a meat hook.....

Ha! that is for sure!! We are a nation of fatties....my favorite is when a morbidly obese passenger gets on and says "this is a really tiny airplane"......nooooo you're just 10 times the size of a normal human being!

The best is the pax that is so huge they need 2 extensions and are bi*tching and complaining about the planes size on a flight from Flint to DTW. What do they expect a A330 with first class?

Latest resources

Back