• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ Engines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I dont think that the engines were at fault. I think we all know what the probelm was. Out of respect for the deceased, I wont say it here.

If you were to read the CVR transcripts, you could make your own judgment.

The government regrets to inform you your sons are dead cause they were stupid.

Oh no, here come the "Top Gun" quotes...

the government cannot legislate poor operating procedures. The engines performed as they were designed and built.

Last edited:
"The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is recommending that federal regulators require new standards and tests for the engines"

-->what about new standards and tests for pilots....those guys were not capable of handling the airplane. Judging by the CVR, they acted like some frat boyz playing XBox, dude.

"However, they regained control of the jet and should have been able to restart the engines."

--> NO....the engines are not designed to be flown at "four-one-freakin'-oh" at 171 KIAS, barbecued at 1250C ITT, then started while drifting down.

I don't get it though...why wouldn't the engines restart at a lower altitude? Did they seize from the heat of being overtemped?

I don't get it though...why wouldn't the engines restart at a lower altitude? Did they seize from the heat of being overtemped?

They melted. This wasn't a case of engines just spooling down, they were intentionally cooked by the two clowns who somehow made it to the cockpit of a jet. Judging by today's pay and recruitment standards, how could anyone be surprised.

"Four-one-oh-it, dude!"

That's right, Espalda Mojado, I am dangerous! <teeth click>

:cool:

Yep, had to be the engines. I mean, just take a look around you. A-10's, S-3's, CRJ's and Challengers are falling out of the sky everywhere becuase of this new found "core lock" phanomenon.

You can shoot AAA into it and it will still run, but god forbid you try to do something outsides it's designed operation envelope.

God rest their souls.

Latest resources

Back