• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ Drivers, Cowl Anti Ice Q

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C'mon Whiskey guys! We only had to wait 10 minutes for our ground crew to show up the other day in Filthadelphia. Then another 2 for them to finish their chat. I was all excited when we jumped out because we had 50 minutes and I was gonna grab some Subway. I knew that had to be pushing it being Philly and all. Still says "Coming Soon." Now that deserves a "ha ha" for sure!

Tried that. Plus the SAT and TAT were both at 7.

Did you try a different temperature (lower)? I forget how it works in the -200, but sometimes the FMS in the -700 won't take a flex temperature if the OAT is too high, we just put a lower one in until it works, the Fadec takes care of the normal thrust settings so this exact problem can't occur. Sorry for the bad advice based on a different airplane, but what the hell, this is Flightinfo, right?

I will be nice...lol

Remember...when taking off with anti-ice (cowls or wings and cowls) you must either takeoff unpressurized or with the packs on the APU. Anytime the flaps are out of zero and the packs are on the engines with anti-ice on, you will get a bleed misconfig.

I will be nice...lol

Remember...when taking off with anti-ice (cowls or wings and cowls) you must either takeoff unpressurized or with the packs on the APU. Anytime the flaps are out of zero and the packs are on the engines with anti-ice on, you will get a bleed misconfig.

Yeah, I tried to double-quote in the post but I ain't so computer savvy. Forgot to say in the original post, but reposted that the packs were on the APU.

I might have missed it...but what was the setting on the PERF page? That might have affected the carats being there...

Yeah, I tried to double-quote in the post but I ain't so computer savvy. Forgot to say in the original post, but reposted that the packs were on the APU.

Was the temperature in the FMS exactly on 10c, if it was the aircraft will not generate a thrust setting with the anti-ice on and the temp right at 10c, even though the books say 10c or less. Next time try putting 9c in the box and that will fix it!

Do you have thrust numbers in your runway analysis manual? If so, bugger the FMS and manually enter the N1 setting in the TGT line from the rwy analysis manual's cowl or wing/cowl a/ice columns.

Sometimes the N1 settings drop out if you taxi to close behind someone. I dont know if its the thrust maxing out the temp probes or messing with the AOA vanes.

Last edited:
If you put in a Flex Temp it will kick out the carrots when you select the cowls on b/c you're not supposed to flex when you're using anti ice protection. Make sure you select full take off numbers when that happens.

Latest resources

Back