Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnpeace

#199 of 201
I saw a CRJ training reference recently that was rumored to come from the Independence Air training department and was referred to as 'the button book'.

It's wonderful.

It shows every single switch/switchlight/knob/panel on every panel and discusses what each one does.

Very cohesive, big picture view of each system.

Anyone have a copy they don't need, know where to get one, have a .pdf...anyway I can get one of these?

Avsoft makes the "button book." Its okay I guess. I never used mine when I was learning the CRJ. But it does have some pretty good questions for each system in the back that gets you thinking about things you normally dont.

The original "button book" was a Bombardier publication. Back in the mid nineties when regionals started flying RJ's the only publications were from the manufacturer. When we started flying the RJ's we were instructed by Bombardier IP's with Bombardier pubs. Since then the airlines have "reproduced" their own training manuals from the originals. Nothing beats the manufactures in my opinion. I bet I can find the "button book" in my basement. It was a great book for learning.

If you find it, want to sell it?

I got something similar last week, but would love to carry the Bombardier product around with me during my career flying this airplane.

Latest resources

Back