• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ-900 Landing technique

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Notably absent from FI are threads on landing different 737 series or A320 series aircraft. Wonder why??

Probably 'cause most majors pilots are too cocky to admit they weren't born sky gods, and are too jaded to actually enjoy a decent discussion of aerodynamics. I guess I was pretty stupid to expect much intelligence around here. :rolleyes:

If a pilot from PNCL can do it, then you should have no worries at ASA. Although they may want to race you up to 410

It's not the race to FL410 that get's you... it's the race down.

And for the record, there are plenty that have been at FL410, but only the dumb asses fall out of the sky.

Last edited:
Because major pilots know how to land a jet, unlike most at the regionals.

It would be a pathetically sad display of insecurity and lack of self esteem if I were to go to the instrucor's forum and tell them they don't know how to fly. Very sad. Maybe you can still get help.

The goal is to land in the touchdown zone, on speed. A greaser 4000 feet down the runway at ref-15 is a bad landing.

Last edited:
It's not the race to FL410 that get's you... it's the race down.

And for the record, there are plenty that have been at FL410, but only the dumb asses fall out of the sky.

Riddle and UND should start a new class for RJ flying in the stratosphere and the FAA should require an additional endorsement (stratosphere endorsement) for regional pilots.

Latest resources

Back