crj 700

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

vere76

Say yoo work for Mesa\Air midwest on a 1900 fo would you jump ship to freedom a non union carrier to be a ffffo on the crj700?

no no no no

Just my 2 cents, but it could be the worst decision of your carreer. You could be black listed if you try to come back to Mesa, and possibly by other carriers as well. I personally don't think it's worth it. Put it this way, there is no way in he!! I'd do it. Take care.

Realistically, if you plan to take a job at a non-union "alter-ego" carrier designed to bust a union carrier, I would plan on living in your domicile, as you will find jumpseating difficult at best. Additionally, should you then get hired at another carrier, you'll have to lie about your past. When most pilots hear you worked for "Freedom (what an ironic name) Air", they'll be less than friendly. JMHO.

vere76 said:
Say yoo work for Mesa\Air midwest on a 1900 fo would you jump ship to freedom a non union carrier to be a ffffo on the crj700?

No, then you would be known as a replacement worker (i.e. SCAB)!

Risk your career to fly something with slats? ummmmmm, dumb.
If you want to fly a RJ, go through the ranks. Your career will thank you in 10 years.

I wish someone would explain the "rules" to me. How is it that if you fly for Skywest, a non-union airline, you are smart. But if you decide to work for Freedom, a non-union airline, you are an idiot. Please, someone explain the hidden problem if there is one for young pilots getting the chance to start with a new airline.:confused:

I don't know the rules either. Would you be a scab if Freedom was your first airline job? Or only if you left Mesa?

I can see the point if you left Mesa, and I don't know any particulars. Are they saying that they will replace Mesa planes with Freedom planes on certain routes? If so, you would probably be scabous.

skywest is non union but it was not created to (as freedom was) as an alter-ego carrier to end-run collective bargaining agreements with ALPA. They are not scabs BUT if MESA goes on strike they will ask you to fly struck routes which will make you a SCAB. Try explaining that when any major airline hiring board sees your resume.

I guess the way there going to do it is, you take a 2 year leave of absence, keep your seniotity so they will be able to jumpseat on Mesa , i dont see what the big deel is unless we fly Mesa routes. Just my opinion

Latest resources

Back