• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

crew van from cargo to pax side - ORD??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know why the text didn't appear, but my original question was, is there a crew van to take pilots across the airport to the pax side at ORD, if I J'seat on FedEx??
Thanks in advance.

At nwa if they are not busy the cargo guys will run us back and forth. However, I have used a taxi and it runs about $20. My guess is fedex doesn't/won't provide transportation.

stay on van

I flew out of ord on the cargo side a bunch earlier in the year. When we had jumpseaters they just road with us from the cargo side back to our hotel and then stayed on the van which went back to the pax side to pick up/drop off "normal" business travelers.
That was the Hoilday Inn select, rosemont, to from swissport. I would assume the scenario would be the same from fedex area and any hotel.

Where to get dropped off for fedex?

Question for you guys if you're familiar with the Chicago/O'hare area. I'm trying to jumpseat on Fedex out of ORD in a couple of days, and I was wondering if you guys knew where I had to go to get dropped off at the airport. I'm having a friend drive me, so I'm just trying to get him some directions.

I know how to get to the PAX side, but I'm unfamiliar with the cargo side. Thanks for the help.

Question for you guys if you're familiar with the Chicago/O'hare area. I'm trying to jumpseat on Fedex out of ORD in a couple of days, and I was wondering if you guys knew where I had to go to get dropped off at the airport. I'm having a friend drive me, so I'm just trying to get him some directions.

I know how to get to the PAX side, but I'm unfamiliar with the cargo side. Thanks for the help.

South on Mannheim road to west on Irving Park. Right at first light into South Cargo facility, keep to left, past Lufthansa building. Fedex is on left. Thru glass doors to security.

Address is 611 Ohare Cargo Area Rd, Chicago IL. At least that's the way Yahoo Maps wanted it spelled. It's very difficult to get over there from the Pax terminal unless you have someone driving you. Which day are you jumpseating out? I have a layover at our airport hotel next week. You're more than welcome to ride with us over to the cargo side if this helps. Most of the time we are downtown and don't go near the airport hotels or terminals.

I too will be jumping from the cargo to the pax side of the airport in a few weeks. Is it true there is a subway that runs from the terminal to downtown?

Latest resources

Back